Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Locking a thread for a welcome post

Hello again,

I want to lock a post that I made in my Announcements Sub Forum, so that people cannot reply anymore. I just want to use it as a general welcome message to new members.

Should I just lock the thread? Is that the way to do this?? Sorry if that is a painfully dumb question

I just want to know the best way to handle that kind of situation. I've heard of Stickies as well.

If they have replied, lock it and stick it. . If not, use your announcements.

Comment

Ok, so I guess this was my problem. I can't figure out how to lock it. ..??

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it.

1. Open the thread.

2. Go to Administrative, and then Edit Thread, hit Proceed Button.

3. Once there, deselect Thread is Open in the Options section. Select Thread is Sticky if you want it at the top.

4. Hit Save Changes. Boom!
      Last edited by rhender; Wed 21 Mar '12, 12:36pm.

Comment

Or when visiting your thread, there is an administrative Dropdown at the top. The default action is "Close Thread". Click the button at the bottom of the dropdown. If you want it sticky, you can select that off the same menu. Just a different way to do the same thing.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Or when visiting your thread, there is an administrative Dropdown at the top. The default action is "Close Thread". Click the button at the bottom of the dropdown. If you want it sticky, you can select that off the same menu. Just a different way to do the same thing.
          Cool! Yeah, "Close Thread" kind of made me nervous.. but now I know it just means to "Lock" a thread. Thanks Luke,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X