No announcement yet.

Odd CMS comments count on promoted articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And only one article links to each thread? If more than one article links to a single thread (i.e. multiple posts were promoted) then only the first article keeps that thread as its comment thread.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      And only one article links to each thread? If more than one article links to a single thread (i.e. multiple posts were promoted) then only the first article keeps that thread as its comment thread.
      Yes wayne, only one article links to each thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nassou View Post
        Yes wayne, only one article links to each thread.
        I am not seeing this issue on your site. If I look at an article list, the number of comments listed in the preview matches what is on the article when I click into it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by SiFor View Post
          I've just started to use the CMS so maybe Im missing something but this does seem like a strange bug to me as I've searched around ad cannot seem to fix this issue.

I have promoted a handful of threads into the CMS so I can work on styling etc before it goes public when I noticed a strange thing with the comment counts for a couple of the articles. On the section the comment count is wrong and also at the top of the article its wrong but yet at the bottom of the article its correct! One article has 34 comments yet its displaying as 3 and another has 10 but displays as 1.

It seems like its missing the second digit but I only have a few articles at present and these are the only two with two digit comments, the rest as only single digit comment counts and they display fine!

site: http://www.certforums.com articles section on the left.
          Please open a support ticket if you haven't already. https://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport/. You'll need to include AdminCP access in the Sensitive Data box.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have this same problem.

Comment

Similar problem. Well, sorta. I've not checked promoted articles - but I'm having a problem with # of comments being inconsistent on Home page with what's inside the article. At top and at bottom, as well as how many are actually showing. This is just the only thread I could find on it..

Clearing system cache always fixes it, in Maint.

4.1.12 brand new install. Discovered it while testing unregistered users' commenting on home page articles. So I guess I'm not sure if it's a Chrome or FF issue, or if my vbseo or 'featured article slider' two products have anything to do with it. Too tired right now with it to test anything else, took me forever to find that I could clear cache in Maint to fix it. So, if I test more later and find more details I'll come post again.

Just wanted to chime in.
              Last edited by Phases; Thu 17th May '12, 11:08am.
              http://b2gcommunity.com <-- Interested in Mozilla's new mobile OS? ..VB 4.2

Comment

I have this same problem.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Running vB 4.2

Cleared cache. Didn't help.

EDIT:

I found the solution here. It's very simple to implement and it worked.
                  Last edited by BibleWheel; Fri 21st Dec '12, 5:02pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X