Odd CMS comments count on promoted articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Odd CMS comments count on promoted articles

I've just started to use the CMS so maybe Im missing something but this does seem like a strange bug to me as I've searched around ad cannot seem to fix this issue.

I have promoted a handful of threads into the CMS so I can work on styling etc before it goes public when I noticed a strange thing with the comment counts for a couple of the articles. On the section the comment count is wrong and also at the top of the article its wrong but yet at the bottom of the article its correct! One article has 34 comments yet its displaying as 3 and another has 10 but displays as 1.

It seems like its missing the second digit but I only have a few articles at present and these are the only two with two digit comments, the rest as only single digit comment counts and they display fine!

site: http://www.certforums.com articles section on the left.
    Last edited by SiFor; Sun 18th Mar '12, 9:44pm.
    CertForums.com Help, Advice and Resources to Pass Your Certification

Bump. Do I need to open a ticket for this, its some time since I ever needed support for vBulletin s Im not sure of procedure.

Comment

BUMP

Anyone? I read that the support here suck in another thread but I thought that couldn't be true!

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

As you use vBSEO, you will also need to disable this via it's own Control Panel and rename any relevant .htaccess files to ensure they're not being called.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
        - "Quick Route" Interface...
        - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Comment counts can be cached as well. Try emptying the System Cache under Maintenance.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
            To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

As you use vBSEO, you will also need to disable this via it's own Control Panel and rename any relevant .htaccess files to ensure they're not being called.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
            OK, I had to wait for a quite moment to do this and I still have the issue after following all of the above except I disabled all plugins using define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); in my config.php as I was lead to believe this would accomplish what you suggested except in an easier way, am I correct in doing this or do I need to manually disable them as you described.

Comment

If you disable hooks via the config.php file, you'll disable the CMS which is why I gave you those specific instructions.
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
              - "Quick Route" Interface...
              - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Apologies for my apathy, I've done it again to your exact instructions and its still the same.

Comment

Yes I did that before and after changing to a new blank style and still the same.

Comment

Same problem

Comment

I till dont have a fix after upgrading to 4.1.12.

I have not been able to test a new article yet rather than a promoted one so that's my next thing to look at!

Comment

I think it's a bug, got the exact same problem on my forum (4.1.12)

Comment

Originally posted by Nassou View Post
                          I think it's a bug, got the exact same problem on my forum (4.1.12)
                          On the article what do you have set for displaying comments?

See: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entr...ost-as-article
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            On the article what do you have set for displaying comments?

See: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entr...ost-as-article
                            Actually i have set all the options on "yes". I tried also with different settings but still the same result.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X