No announcement yet.

Image Attachment Fails Using Flash Upload - newattachment.php Not Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Image Attachment Fails Using Flash Upload - newattachment.php Not Found

I'm able to upload files using the AJAX uploader, but the flash uploader fails.

The error from my apache error log is:
    '/var/www/application/html/community/clientscript/yui/uploader/assets/newattachment.php' not found or unable to stat

The uploader displays an error which also indicates that a file can't be found:
    404 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

I checked that directory and the file isn't there. I searched my full forum directory and found a newattachment.php file in the top level of the forum.

Is there a setting that I need to adjust? Should a copy of newattachment.php be in the yui uploader assets directory?

I'm using vBulletin 4.1.10

Be Well,
    Joe

Same issue here, interested in a reply. I'm on 4.1.8 so am lagging behind a little - is this the issue?

Comment

please let me know onxe u got any solution i m having this problem since Jan. u using iis or apache?

Comment

Reupload the missing file, newattachment.php.

Make sure all the directories and files in your attachments page as specified under "Attachment -> Attachment Storage Type" are chmod 0777.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 20 Apr '12, 3:47pm.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have the same problem on 4.2.0 patch level 3. I am using the flash uploader, permissions are 777, and the file "newattachment.php" is not there. Downloaded from the members area again to check and the file is not in that directory? Why would it say there is a file missing that doesn't exist from the get go?

I have vbulletin installed on this same server in another directory and it works fine, its 4.1.9. it also doesnt have a file named "newattachment.php" in the assests folder. I replied to this old thread instead of creating another. I can If you want me to.

Comment

Originally posted by clayton47 View Post
            I have the same problem on 4.2.0 patch level 3. I am using the flash uploader, permissions are 777, and the file "newattachment.php" is not there. Downloaded from the members area again to check and the file is not in that directory? Why would it say there is a file missing that doesn't exist from the get go?
            It isn't located in the assets folder. It should be located in the root of your vBulletin install along with forum.php and content.php.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

So why does the error show it do be placed in that assets folder, but its shown as missing like the first post shows above?

Comment

All I can say is Apache is confused because the originating call comes from there.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What are my options to try to fix this? With all the open threads I don't see a common resolution.

Comment

Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server.

Does this resolve the problem?
                    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                    -
                    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I did this from a new download from members area. Discarded the files specified above. Cleared cache and tried again. Still doesnt work, gives me same error. What next?

Comment

Go to Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options. Switch the system from the Flash Uploader to the AJAX Uploader. Does it work now for you?

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

No it gave me an error -
                          Imageinfo Failed: <pre>sh: /usr/local/bin/identify: No such file or directory</pre>
                          I have to use the flash uploader on the same server for my other vbulletin forum.

Comment

In AdminCP > Settings > Image Settings, change the Image Library to GD and then switch to the AJAX Uploader - do you still get the same message?
                            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                            -
                            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

That worked. But only with Ajax uploader. It doesnt let me select more than one image at a time. Is there a better solution for this? How can I resolve the Flash / imagemagick settings?

Comment