Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securing your AdminCP in vBulletin - anticipating Wayne's next security installment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurricane_sh
    replied
    Yes, the most effective security measure is password-protect admincp and modcp.

Leave a comment:

• RedHotChili
    replied
    Originally posted by RedHotChili View Post
    I somehow recall seeing a thread or post with tips on how to secure your AdminCP...
    Found it!

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ms-More-Secure

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    replied
    Excellent choice! I've kept that site in my bookmarks for years.

Leave a comment:

• RedHotChili
    replied
    Thanks! 'Preciate it!

Leave a comment:

• TheNewOne
    replied
    http://www.tools.dynamicdrive.com/password/

Leave a comment:

• RedHotChili
    replied
    Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
    Have you got cPanel? It's easy to password protect a directory in cPanel.
    Yes I do.

Thanks! I'll look into it!

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by RedHotChili View Post
    I don't know how to do this, but if you've done it and others have done it, I'll research it and figure it out somehow.
    Have you got cPanel? It's easy to password protect a directory in cPanel.

Leave a comment:

• RedHotChili
    replied
    Originally posted by PossumX View Post
    Put your admincp behind a htaccess and htpasswd <sp> config, with a complex password, and you'll lock it down
    Thanks.

I don't know how to do this, but if you've done it and others have done it, I'll research it and figure it out somehow.

Leave a comment:

• PossumX
    replied
    Securing your AdminCP in vBulletin - anticipating Wayne's next security installment!

Put your admincp behind a htaccess and htpasswd <sp> config, with a complex password, and you'll lock it down

Leave a comment:

• Securing your AdminCP in vBulletin - anticipating Wayne's next security installment!

I somehow recall seeing a thread or post with tips on how to secure your AdminCP by changing the path to the AdminCp folder.

Not sure if I recall correctly - or whether this can be done without introducing complications - but is it a good idea to introduce an extra folder in the path to ACP to prevent hackers from easily finding your ACP folder, such as the following example?

yourdomain/forum/do3Wqz?6y29/admincp