Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securing your AdminCP in vBulletin - anticipating Wayne's next security installment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Securing your AdminCP in vBulletin - anticipating Wayne's next security installment!

I somehow recall seeing a thread or post with tips on how to secure your AdminCP by changing the path to the AdminCp folder.

Not sure if I recall correctly - or whether this can be done without introducing complications - but is it a good idea to introduce an extra folder in the path to ACP to prevent hackers from easily finding your ACP folder, such as the following example?

yourdomain/forum/do3Wqz?6y29/admincp

Securing your AdminCP in vBulletin - anticipating Wayne's next security installment!

Put your admincp behind a htaccess and htpasswd <sp> config, with a complex password, and you'll lock it down

Comment

Originally posted by PossumX View Post
      Put your admincp behind a htaccess and htpasswd <sp> config, with a complex password, and you'll lock it down
      Thanks.

I don't know how to do this, but if you've done it and others have done it, I'll research it and figure it out somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHotChili View Post
        I don't know how to do this, but if you've done it and others have done it, I'll research it and figure it out somehow.
        Have you got cPanel? It's easy to password protect a directory in cPanel.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
          Have you got cPanel? It's easy to password protect a directory in cPanel.
          Yes I do.

Thanks! I'll look into it!

Comment

http://www.tools.dynamicdrive.com/password/

Comment

Thanks! 'Preciate it!

Comment

Excellent choice! I've kept that site in my bookmarks for years.
                ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Originally posted by RedHotChili View Post
                  I somehow recall seeing a thread or post with tips on how to secure your AdminCP...
                  Found it!

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ms-More-Secure

Comment

Yes, the most effective security measure is password-protect admincp and modcp.

Comment