Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO LONGER WORKING? Double Click on Search Result Thread Title to edit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moonfox
    replied
    Thanks - looking forward to having this back.

Leave a comment:

• DecNetPHase4
    replied
    Cool.. was searching for the root cause.

Leave a comment:

• Maurd
    replied
    Never said was. Just explaining it is in fact a bug, it's a known bug, and that it's already been fixed in the next version.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by Maurd View Post
    It's a known bug and already approved on staging for 4.1.12: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14444
    No documentation was added for the root cause, publicly.

Leave a comment:

• Maurd
    replied
    It's a known bug and already approved on staging for 4.1.12: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14444

Leave a comment:

• David Copeland
    replied
    Originally posted by ENF View Post
    Update:

I determined that the file: ./clientscipt/vbulletin-ajax.theadlist.js was changed. This is preventing the thread title from editing.

As a test, I replaced the 4.1.11 file with the version from 4.1.10 and restored the functionality.

I'll post an update to the JIRA entry to reflect my test findings.
    Oh my gosh . . . this would be wonderful if this works!

Hopefully by replacing the current file with the previous one there won't be any ill side effects.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Update:

I determined that the file: ./clientscipt/vbulletin-ajax.theadlist.js was changed. This is preventing the thread title from editing.

As a test, I replaced the 4.1.11 file with the version from 4.1.10 and restored the functionality.

I'll post an update to the JIRA entry to reflect my test findings.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    I created a Jira for this bug.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14467

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    NO LONGER WORKING? Double Click on Search Result Thread Title to edit?

I confirmed that it worked in vb4.1.10 but does not in vb4.1.11 - still not sure what changed.

Leave a comment:

• David Copeland
    replied
    Actually, Zack did the upgrade for us from Ver 4.1.10 to Ver 4.1.11

From Ver 4.0 all the way to Ver 4.1.10 it worked great.

We also use ACTIVE TOPICS in the other tool bar - which is an add-on that gives the last few days, month, etc

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Could someone confirm if editing the thread title in What's New results is still possible in 4.1.11.

If memory serves it was fixed in 4.1.5.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    You could in whats new. Not sure what has changed.
    I wasn't sure which version to look at to compare, just thumbing through the version to see if there was an obvious change. If he replies with the version he came from, that would help.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You could in whats new. Not sure what has changed.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Hmm... I didn't think you could do that from the "What's New?" screen. It still works from the usual thread listing in a forum.

What version did you upgrade from?

Leave a comment:

• NO LONGER WORKING? Double Click on Search Result Thread Title to edit?

As Admins, we used to be able to go to WHAT'S NEW and open up the latest search of recent new threads.

Once the page of search results was on the screen, we used to be able to DOUBLE-CLICK on the blank area to the right of a Thread Title - which would change the title to edit mode in order for us to make changes to the title.

We went from Ver 4.1.10 to Ver 4.1.11 upgrade - and we are no longer able to double click next to a tread title to change the title.

Was this removed in the latest version? If so, how do I replace the ability?

David
    Last edited by David Copeland; Mon 5 Mar '12, 6:11pm.