"Unable to add cookies, header already sent."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] "Unable to add cookies, header already sent."

While not logged in to a board that I'm upgrading, clicking the Forum tab gives me this:

Code:
    Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/tnedator/public_html/vbtest/forum.php
    Line: 1
    I re-uploaded the forum.php file from the install package, and still get the same result.
    Cleared browser cache/history/cookies, same result.
    One odd thing I noticed about the forum.php file is that the copyright line at the head of the file looks like this:

Code:
    Copyright �2000-2012 vBulletin Solutions Inc.
    Notice the black diamond instead of the copyright symbol? That's what the default file straight out of the unzipped package contains. It makes no difference if I change it back to the copyright symbol, but something seems to be amiss somewhere. Not sure if that's the cause of the cookies/header issue.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Are the files being uploaded correctly via ASCII mode?

The copyright image issue is an encoding problem, whether it's the server side or client side, I'm not sure.

It's just forum.php or other files too?
    To be updated...

Comment

Yes, they're being uploaded correctly. It happened with config.php a couple days ago, but it happened whether I was logged in or out. And fixing the copyright image fixed the problem. This time, however, it happens only when logged out, and fixing the image doesn't fix the problem. So I'm at a loss. Never had this problem before.

Comment

Could really some help with this. We can't go live until it's resolved.

Comment

This has been resolved, hopefully. I thought it was resolved once before but it reoccurred, which is why I started this thread. The site owner performed the same steps I did, and it eventually worked. So who knows? To anyone reading this thread in the future, sorry there isn't a more solid solution offered.

Comment

Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
            This has been resolved, hopefully. I thought it was resolved once before but it reoccurred, which is why I started this thread. The site owner performed the same steps I did, and it eventually worked. So who knows? To anyone reading this thread in the future, sorry there isn't a more solid solution offered.
            Thanks for the update. I was never able to reproduce this, so I couldn't figure out a solid solution either.
            To be updated...

Comment

This happens when you have a space before or after PHP tags <?php ?>
              check the files where this error occur , delete the space and everything should work
              Last edited by K a M a L; Tue 6th Mar '12, 5:38pm. Reason: typo

Comment

It wasn't a problem with whitespace, that much I do know.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X