Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

language problem after upgrade to 4.1.11

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Post you're fix/workaround in this issue here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14446

    That is what the developers look at and go by to fix issues in the software.
    Ok, done

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by thermax04 View Post
      Ok, done
      Thank you.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

      Comment


      • #33
        I tried thermax04 contribution but it is still sending Welcome Messages in English.
        Do I have to change "$languageid = LANGUAGEID" to "$languageid = ES" or anything else?



        Thanks for your help

        Comment


        • #34
          What thermax04 posted was actually a solution for a problem where some phrases did not display their translations. I'm not sure if it does anything for the welcome message.

          Comment


          • #35
            Sure, that is what's happening to me. Welcome message translations and some other don't display. Thanks for your comment.

            Comment


            • #36
              Oh, OK, I suppose they could be caused by the same problem. It's just that I was the one who suggested that fix and I wasn't paying any attention to welcome messages at the time.

              Comment


              • #37
                I tried to implement solution from posts above but welcome emails and welcome greetings still sending using master language and not forum default language (Russian in my case).

                I hope developers realize that this is HUGE issue for non-English forums. Currently every second newly registered user replaying back on welcome message with a questions or more often sarcasm if I need help with translating forum software. I hope I'm not going to hear that I will need to wait for 4.1.12 to fix this.

                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #38
                  I don't see us releasing a patch for this issue as it is considered a minor issue and is not security related. The fix has already been implemented in 4.1.12.
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    I don't see us releasing a patch for this issue as it is considered a minor issue and is not security related. The fix has already been implemented in 4.1.12.
                    Thanks for reply.
                    I guess if English language forums start sending welcome message in Chinese only then it will be considered major and even security issue.
                    We are considering this issue a MAJOR and big problem because my forum is loosing new registrations. Very disappointing.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      I guess if English language forums start sending welcome message in Chinese only then it will be considered major and even security issue.
                      Doubtful. Not in the same situation.
                      Translations provided by Google.

                      Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        I don't see us releasing a patch for this issue as it is considered a minor issue and is not security related. The fix has already been implemented in 4.1.12.
                        it is not minor issue

                        it is very big problem to us

                        we r arabic forum

                        the registration with verify by email

                        now we off this feature because this language issue

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Any way to solve this without waiting for the 4.1.12 version??

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by baghdad4ever View Post
                            it is not minor issue

                            it is very big problem to us

                            we r arabic forum

                            the registration with verify by email

                            now we off this feature because this language issue
                            In the scope of the entire software package and the effect it has on our overall customer base it is minor.

                            Why not simply translate the master version until the fix is made available? Solid work around without any kind of code required. When the fix is put into place, then the master version will be overwritten.
                            Translations provided by Google.

                            Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                              Why not simply translate the master version until the fix is made available? Solid work around without any kind of code required. When the fix is put into place, then the master version will be overwritten.
                              Please, can you explain me how to change the master lenguage?
                              I translated the English language but it doesn't work:

                              Thanks

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                should make an urgent patch

                                this hurts users who want to register

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X