X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• links4rank
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    That's because you're a reseller of probably the world's worst hosting provider...sorry.
    That is not correct. I host a lot of websites ( also reseller of ) in arvixe, hostgator, hostingzoom, ************, Cclass seohosting, and godaddy.

When hostgator and arvixe asked my websites to move away because of load problems, I moved them to godaddy. Godaddy never asked to move my websites away because of CPU load problem. Besides, almost no downtime in godaddy but all the other hosts have downtimes ( 3-4 year experiences )

I do agree that godaddy host doesnot support vbulletin that well. But a lot of websites donot install vbulletin.
    Last edited by links4rank; Sat 19 May '12, 9:39pm.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
    I'm not one to chime in with one liners... well my wife might say differently LOL but I agree w/ Mark on this one and I only use GoDaddy to purchase domains (usually the ones on sell for $1.19!).
    Yeah they're ok for domains - although some recent controversies mean not everyone will agree with me even on that.
    That said for "mission critical" domains I'd rather pay a bit more and go with someone more reputable.

Leave a comment:

• TheLastSuperman
    replied
    I'm not one to chime in with one liners... well my wife might say differently LOL but I agree w/ Mark on this one and I only use GoDaddy to purchase domains (usually the ones on sell for $1.19!).

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by links4rank View Post
    SO sad. I am their reseller and I installed vbulletin in the linux server but "Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs" doesnot work. even "Advanced Friendly URLs" doesnot work.
    That's because you're a reseller of probably the world's worst hosting provider...sorry.

Leave a comment:

• links4rank
    replied
    SO sad. I am their reseller and I installed vbulletin in the linux server but "Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs" doesnot work. even "Advanced Friendly URLs" doesnot work.

Leave a comment:

• Griphus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    You would need to try and coax the actual error out of GoDaddy's service technicians. You'll need to ask a few different supervisors because the base technical support people won't have access to this information.
    Alright, I'll spend some time on the phone with tech support. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You would need to try and coax the actual error out of GoDaddy's service technicians. You'll need to ask a few different supervisors because the base technical support people won't have access to this information.

Leave a comment:

• Griphus
    replied
    Okey... well, I'm about 1 month into a year+ hosting plan... so do you have any other input about how to fix the issue, or an alternative hosting provider?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Frankly the first step is to find a new host.

You will always have problems trying to run vBulletin on GoDaddy hosting.

Leave a comment:

• Griphus
    started a topic [Forum] Friendly URL's using GoDaddy Linux hosting

Friendly URL's using GoDaddy Linux hosting

Hello!

I recently moved my website from a private hosting company over to GoDaddy's Linux hosting plan.

I had to disable SEO friendly URL's because I was getting an error (500: Input File Not Specified) while friendly URL's of any type were enabled.

I'm not super web-savvy, but the little bit of research I've done has mentioned something I need to do with the .htaccess file. Can anyone provide any additional insight?

Thank you!
    Timothy
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X