Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Friendly URL's using GoDaddy Linux hosting

Hello!

I recently moved my website from a private hosting company over to GoDaddy's Linux hosting plan.

I had to disable SEO friendly URL's because I was getting an error (500: Input File Not Specified) while friendly URL's of any type were enabled.

I'm not super web-savvy, but the little bit of research I've done has mentioned something I need to do with the .htaccess file. Can anyone provide any additional insight?

Thank you!
    Timothy

Frankly the first step is to find a new host.

You will always have problems trying to run vBulletin on GoDaddy hosting.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Okey... well, I'm about 1 month into a year+ hosting plan... so do you have any other input about how to fix the issue, or an alternative hosting provider?

Thanks.

Comment

You would need to try and coax the actual error out of GoDaddy's service technicians. You'll need to ask a few different supervisors because the base technical support people won't have access to this information.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          You would need to try and coax the actual error out of GoDaddy's service technicians. You'll need to ask a few different supervisors because the base technical support people won't have access to this information.
          Alright, I'll spend some time on the phone with tech support. Thank you.

Comment

SO sad. I am their reseller and I installed vbulletin in the linux server but "Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs" doesnot work. even "Advanced Friendly URLs" doesnot work.
            SEO and Webmaster Forum

Comment

Originally posted by links4rank View Post
              SO sad. I am their reseller and I installed vbulletin in the linux server but "Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs" doesnot work. even "Advanced Friendly URLs" doesnot work.
              That's because you're a reseller of probably the world's worst hosting provider...sorry.

Comment

I'm not one to chime in with one liners... well my wife might say differently LOL but I agree w/ Mark on this one and I only use GoDaddy to purchase domains (usually the ones on sell for $1.19!).

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
                  I'm not one to chime in with one liners... well my wife might say differently LOL but I agree w/ Mark on this one and I only use GoDaddy to purchase domains (usually the ones on sell for $1.19!).
                  Yeah they're ok for domains - although some recent controversies mean not everyone will agree with me even on that.
                  That said for "mission critical" domains I'd rather pay a bit more and go with someone more reputable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    That's because you're a reseller of probably the world's worst hosting provider...sorry.
                    That is not correct. I host a lot of websites ( also reseller of ) in arvixe, hostgator, hostingzoom, ************, Cclass seohosting, and godaddy.

When hostgator and arvixe asked my websites to move away because of load problems, I moved them to godaddy. Godaddy never asked to move my websites away because of CPU load problem. Besides, almost no downtime in godaddy but all the other hosts have downtimes ( 3-4 year experiences )

I do agree that godaddy host doesnot support vbulletin that well. But a lot of websites donot install vbulletin.
                    Last edited by links4rank; Sat 19 May '12, 9:39pm.
                    SEO and Webmaster Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X