X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by a396guy View Post
    Thank you. Right now the Banned user group has no priveledges at all so logging in would be, if I understand it correctly, futile, as they would be banned from viewing, searching, and posting to a forum if all the options are set to No for that group.
    They would still see a NO Permissions screen with the ability to log into another account if possible.

Leave a comment:

• a396guy
    replied
    Thank you. Right now the Banned user group has no priveledges at all so logging in would be, if I understand it correctly, futile, as they would be banned from viewing, searching, and posting to a forum if all the options are set to No for that group.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I'll explain my answer more..

No... There is no way you can disconnect them.

Even users in the Banned USergroup still have valid accounts and can log in as far as the software is concerned.

Leave a comment:

• a396guy
    replied
    Maybe I didn't ask the question clearly enough. I know once I put them in a Banned group they can't even log in since they have no valid account. My question is two-fold; on their initial account creation, even after I put them in a Banned group status, they're still online. Is there a way to physically disconnect them off the board so they cannot successfully log back in AND is there a way to disconnect someone that say logs in with a valid account, then goes off for any number of hours and does not log off? Whether a banned user reads anything or surfs the forum or not is not the point. Typically when a spammer does get by the Q&A and I catch them then ban them, if it's a semi-automatic registration and they confirm their email, it's often a robotic process and they may or may not be at their computer monitoring what's going on. Can they be physically disconnected?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Once they are banned when they log in, they see whatever your permissions allow them to see. This is a "you are banned" No Permissions screen by default. It doesn't prevent them from logging in. If you want to block them completely, you need to block their IP address at the server level.

Leave a comment:

• a396guy
    started a topic [Forum] How do I disconnect a user?

How do I disconnect a user?

I have v 4.0.2 and have Q&A for registration along with Spam-O-Matic and it seems to catch most spammers. Recently I've been getting a rash of spammers that manage to get past the Q&A and get registered. I usually catch them before they can post or do any damage but they remain online for quite some time. Is there a way to manually disconnect a user (any user really) and take them offline? As a spammer, once they've been flagged as such and their account set to Banned, they shouldn't be able to log back in.

Appreciate any suggestions.