Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thumb images are full images. No conversion to a reduced size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• galerio
    replied
    Done: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14346
    I hope it will be resolved sooner.

Thanks for the support. Bye!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by galerio View Post
    when I double click on the image I can set the alignment to none, left, right, center. What I want is to use theese advanced image option (align, title, link) but to have the thumb displayed when it is a thumb.
    This is a really really strange behaviour
    Yes but it also sets a size, default is the thumbnail size. This gets stored. You can add an ISSUE in JIRA to get it changed.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...20&issuetype=4

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied
    when I double click on the image I can set the alignment to none, left, right, center. What I want is to use theese advanced image option (align, title, link) but to have the thumb displayed when it is a thumb.
    This is a really really strange behaviour

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by galerio View Post
    So, can you tell me the right way to add an image, align it, set a title and then have it rendered as thumbnail and avoid the css scaled full image?
    You can't. At least not on an image by image basis. You could add CSS to left align all images in content.

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied
    Ok, yes, there is a "config" and if I remove it, the image showed is the thumbnail, but now I have lost the left alignment.

So, can you tell me the right way to add an image, align it, set a title and then have it rendered as thumbnail and avoid the css scaled full image?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Maurd View Post
    @Wayne

When you double-click an attachment and press "OK" it no longer is a thumbnail. At that point the system displays it as a full image, just scaled using CSS.

Example:

[ATTACH]58060[/ATTACH]

^^ Right click that and open the image (not link) in a new window.
    You can undo that though. See your post above now, it is a thumbnail now. And the values only update if you save the content.

----------
    To the original poster, edit the image and switch to source mode. Does it say "[attach=config]3209423423[ / attach]? Remove the =config.

Leave a comment:

• Maurd
    replied
    @Wayne

When you double-click an attachment and press "OK" it no longer is a thumbnail. At that point the system displays it as a full image, just scaled using CSS.

Example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CMS_home.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	3686719

^^ Right click that and open the image (not link) in a new window.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 17 Feb '12, 11:18am.

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied
    Is set to thumbnail.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Double-click the image in edit mode, What is it set to display?

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied

Yes, I have attachment on filesystem, but the directory is already 777 (and also sub-dir).
    Now I have a small amount of images, but when it will be large, to rebuild all could be a heavy and long process.

But... I've checked the attached files and found the one (of the page linked above) that is not a thumbnail: in the attachment folder there is the original file and its thumbnail file!!! So the problem is that it is used the full image instead of the thumb one when I do a post.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Well you have posted in this forum which is contacting support.

Are you storing your attachments in the file system? Could be that this user's thumb directory isn't writable for some reason. You should make sure your attachment/thumbs directory is chmod 777 recursively.

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied
    Something strange: I have settings enabled to process images, but they are not processed until I use the "regenerate thumbnails" button.
    If you see this link http://tech-news.1e2.it/blog/55-tp-l...-tl-pa511.html the image is in thumb format, but it's the full image, not the thumb one. The other blog posts have a real thumb image because I used the regenerate thumb button.
    Should I contact the support?

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied
    Thank you so much. Great support, and great Vbulletin as always!!!!! I love it

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As defined in the config.php file:

PHP Code:
    // Image Processing Options
        // Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized by vBulletin. If you need to resize larger images, alter these settings.
    $config['Misc']['maxwidth'] = 2592;
    $config['Misc']['maxheight'] = 1944
    May need to increase the amount of memory available to PHP if you increase these values.

Leave a comment:

• galerio
    replied
    Yes, all set up correctly. I've just read that larger images could be not resized if they are too large and big. That's the problem. Any idea on what is the limit of file size and image size to assure that they are resized automatically?

Thanks

Leave a comment: