X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Connect for 4.3.1

Anyone know how to do this. Facebook developers page in newer. Thanks

For 4.2.2? There is no 4.3.1.

You get your APP ID and Facebook Secret from Facebook and enter them into vBulletin under Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options. Set the option to enable the Facebook Platform to Yes and save at the bottom.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You get your APP ID and Facebook Secret from Facebook and enter them into vBulletin under Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options. Set the option to enable the Facebook Platform to Yes and save at the bottom.
      I too am confused regarding the setup on the Facebook Developer side. I don't see any of the options like "Connect URL" or "Account Reclamation URL" which are mentioned in this "how-to" video put out by vB a few years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJpj0ZU1yXY

I was able to get an App ID and App Secret but my Facebook Connect links just point to /#

Does anyone know if a good how-to video to get everything working on vB 4.2.2

Comment

You should only need to enter something under Settings > Website. Make sure your Site URL there is exact the same as AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name/URL/etc > Forum URL. Also, make sure you direct all www traffic to the non-www URL or vice-versa or else if you have www.site.com as the Site URL, users who go to the forum at site.com won't be able to use Facebook Connect.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ok Lynne dat dear lost me lol

Comment

Lynne does 4.2.2 work or not. Or is version 4 done with. Thanks

Comment

Facebook made changes to their system which will prevent new apps from working with vBulletin at this time.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X