How to edit blog post description meta tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Blog] How to edit blog post description meta tag

I see that blog posts within vBulletin Suite 4 get their meta descriptions generated automatically by inserting the title plus the user name of the poster. That does not make sense, plus Google marks those pages as with "Short meta descriptions" in HTML suggestions within Google Webmaster Tools.

Is there a way to edit this?

Since we already have fields for title and meta tags which become meta keywords, what's the deal for not having meta description field?

Thanks

Really, is there any way of doing this?

Thanks

Comment

Bump again.

If I go to the database in phpMyAdmin, and I search for the exact phrase of this automatically created description, nothing comes up. That tells me this is programmatically created. Now, is there any field where I could add more text so this is reflected in the description meta tag, or this comes directly from the "title+user name of creator" which obviously I don't want to change?

Thanks

Comment

Well, to conclude this as there was no replies other then of myself, I did create a new feature request:
        http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBB-976

I hope I picked the right way of doing it.

Thanks

Comment

has this been resolved?

Comment

If you feel this should be changed then you will need to enter an improvement request by clicking the Tracker tab above.

FR
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

thanks I believe there already is one: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBB-976?

Is there no way for me to call the blog description into the meta data like I can with forums?

Comment

That issue won't affect the blog in vBulletin 4.x. A new issue in the VBIV project would be needed.

FR
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBB-980?

How does that work? Is there a guarantee it will be improved soon?

Comment

There will be no guarantee, sorry. Our developers will have a look at every report and do their best. You will see when the status of the report has been changed.
                    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

I've been looking for a solution for this for quite some time. Can't believe there hasn't been more chatter about it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X