Ways to enable quicker posting of web content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Ways to enable quicker posting of web content

I've been thinking about the possibility of writing a Firefox / Chrome extension for my users that would allow them to easily post webpages they visit directly to our forums.

For example, user find an interesting article on a random blog. By clicking on an icon in their browser, they can directly post to one of the forums of their choice, and it will automatically link back to the original article, not unlike "liking" something on Facebook. This would encourage "lazy" members who would ordinarily not bother visiting my forum to share a link.

I'm pretty sure that this would be relatively easy, so I am surprised that a generic tool for such a thing does not already exist. Has anyone here seen or heard of such a thing, or am I missing something obvious as to why that wouldn't work?

Any other tips on how to streamline the process of getting external content onto my forums from the outside?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X