Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbiweb
    replied
    Thanks, Zachery. Yeah, Sphinx does sound like a good idea in this case.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes, but it will slow some of them down. I would highly advise looking into sphinx over rebuilding the search index manually.

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    started a topic [Forum] Maintenance process taking a long long time

Maintenance process taking a long long time

I'm upgrading a forum from 3.x to 4.1.10 for someone. Right now it's a test board, and one of the required maintenance processes after upgrading is taking nearly 2 hours at this point, with no end in sight. I don't recall the name of the process, something to do with threads I believe, but as I type this the screen is saying "Processing: 307027". I assume that's the number of posts, and the board has well over one million of them. It looks like this may run through to the wee hours of the morning (it's 10pm here), which is unfortunate but necessary. So my question is in two parts:

1. Can I continue to work on template customizations while this process runs?
    2. When I upgrade the live board, there's no way I can have it closed for more than an hour. So can these processes run while the board is being used by the members?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X