Just upgraded to the latest version and now grey out text boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Just upgraded to the latest version and now grey out text boxes

I have just upgraded to the latest version of Vbulletin and now people are telling me that they can't post as they get the WYSIWYG greyed out. I have found that if you change the user setting to Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar active the problem goes away... any suggestion on what I can do and if I have to force everyone to Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar can I do it in the database or somewhere..

Many thanks

Adam
    Last edited by adambloch; Wed 8 Feb '12, 6:57am.

Adam, did you happen to fix this? I'm having the same problem on my forum.

Comment

Originally posted by adambloch View Post
      I have just upgraded to the latest version of Vbulletin and now people are telling me that they can't post as they get the WYSIWYG greyed out. I have found that if you change the user setting to Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar active the problem goes away... any suggestion on what I can do and if I have to force everyone to Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar can I do it in the database or somewhere..

Many thanks

Adam
      AdminCP > Maintenance > SQL Query > Automatic Query > Drop Down Menu - Scroll to: Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar > Continue

This will force all users into using this editor mode.

Note: Your administrator account must be allowed to execute SQL queries as set in you config.php as seen below (example):

Code:
          //    ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
          //    The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
          //    See the above entries for more information on the format.
          //    Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
          //    to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
      $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '[COLOR=#ff0000][B]XX[/B][/COLOR]';
      Replace the XX with your user ID number. (i.e. 1)

Additionally, you may want to have your users flush their browser cache to help with this issue as well.

Edit: I just realized the OP is 9 days old. Meh....
      To be updated...

Comment

Thanks ENF!

Comment

Hm, strange. The text boxes are still greyed out on my mobile browser. Any ideas what could cause this problem?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X