Welcome Text and Links Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Welcome Text and Links Placement

Have run into an issue since the upgrade to 4.1.10 and it varies from machine to machine or from browser to browser and I could really use your help.

As you can see from the screen below, the links and text in question appear just above the search box and below the title image. I'm working off of a brand new style (so please excuse the color clash) with no parent even though the placement is the same regardless of style.

This is with IE9 and on my wide screen monitors at work:

Sample 1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	3722752

Now....like you have it here at VB.com and how it shows with the same monitor but using Google Chrome or at home with the standard 21" square monitor on IE9:

Sample 2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sample_2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	3722753

For obvious reasons I think it looks MUCH better in Sample 1 but I need to make sure that's the way everyone sees it and since I cannot tell why it's different from one browser or one machine to another I need your help please.

Any way to hard code that placement? Thanks as always.....

Oh...here is the link to the site: www.warofthering.net
    Last edited by Illuvatar; Mon 13 Feb '12, 1:08pm.
    All who wander are not lost.
    - JRR Tolkien -

Hey guys...since I didn't get an answer here...no prob btw...I found it over at vb.org....

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but it was a really simple fix....

All I had to do was add this little bit into the additional css template and I was able to place the Toplinks section right where I wanted it.....have tested in multiple browsers as well.

So you can control the position without interfering other div elements.

paste this inside your additional.css (style manager> style name> edit templates> css templates> ), adjust the top value until you happy with it.Do not delete the !important
    .toplinks{
    margin-left: auto!important;
    margin-right: auto!important;
    left: 0!important;
    right: 0!important;
    top:50px!important;
    }
    All who wander are not lost.
    - JRR Tolkien -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X