Clear All

• Trevor Matthews
    replied
    Many thanks for the reply.
    Over to vb.org for this request then.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Spitting out the whole list even if they don't have access to the forum would require modifying the code.

Developers will ask to have their modifications graveyarded for any number of reasons. I don't know why that mod was graveyarded since you never posted a link, but it could simply be that the dev no longer wants to support it.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Matthews
    replied
    I have one more question on this issue.

I have enabled auto tags and disabled the check for similar threads mod.
    I have enabled vbulletins own show similar threads.

Is there anyway that I can make the show similar threads show the full results from the forum even if the thread starter may not have access to a particular section the result is from.

EG. A basic member asks for info, the title is "KDL40A12U LCD TV info"

There is a service manual posted for this model in a paid for section he hasn't paid for and can't access. "KDL40A12U service manual"

Can that service manual post come up in the show similar threads as it does if I start the same thread as admin with full access?

That would be a perfect solution and would get members to look at the subscription options if they knew the manual was available.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Matthews
    replied
    Thanks for the replies.

Just seems really odd that such a good mod is in the graveyard when there is no option like that in vbulletin.

Ah well, no auto tags for me. The similar threads check is far more useful.

Leave a comment:

• mjda
    replied
    If you're using vB4 (not sure about vB3) you can use their default similar threads. You'll need to look at these options:

Settings -> Options -> Message Searching Options -> Automatic Similar Thread Search
    Settings -> Options -> Thread Display Options -> Show Similar Threads?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read that last line you wrote until after I posted this. *facepalm*

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    There is no option to Check Similar Threads in default vbulletin. You would need to use a modification to do this.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Matthews
    started a topic [Forum] Check for Similar Threads

Check for Similar Threads

Hi all

I have been using a mod to Check for Similar Threads on my forum since day one.
    It worked perfectly and is useful for my lazy members

It stopped working yesterday when I installed the auto tags mod.
    I un-installed auto tags and it is now working again.

I was surprised to see the Check for Similar Threads mod is now in the mod graveyard.

Is this because newer versions of vb have this feature built-in????

I can only find an option to show similar threads after a new thread is started, which is not quite what I need.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X