Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button not working anywhere on site, your help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button not working anywhere on site, your help needed.

I searched this forum and have not found anyone with this same problem. I hope you can help.

Clicking on the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button gets no response. This happens in the forum and the CMS. The forum permissions state "you may post attachments." The mouse-over correctly says "click here to add or edit files.." but a click does nothing. This happens within IE9, Safari, and Chrome 16.09. It happens to me (the admin) and other registered users. Nobody has been able to attach anything.

I updated from 4.1.09 to 4.1.10 hoping it would repair but no such luck. There are no special attachment permissions (all dark blue). No moderation. I have tried it with the asset manager both enabled and disabled with the same result.

I run the DownloadsII 6.0.7 plug-in that is working fine, that accepts attachments. Of course I wish to enable users to place attachments in the forum.

Attachments were working fine about three weeks ago and it seems it suddenly stopped working. At least I am not aware of any software changes that would trigger this. There has not been any hardware changes. I can click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS on this vbulletin.com forum and it works fine. I am at wits end and would very much appreciate any suggestions you may have on this perplexing problem. Thanks.

To troubleshoot this run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Next, disable all plugins. Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates.

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Comment

Manage Attachments not working

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      To troubleshoot this run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':
      Runs fine, no unexpected contents, just a bunch of file not recognized as part of vbulletin from the plugins.

Next, disable all plugins
      Disabled, and yes still had the problem.

create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates.
      Did that, and also had to edit the user CP Settings > Style & Language > Default to get the style to stick.

Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again.
      Yes, within Chrome the command was "Obliterate the following items from the beginning of time." Seems like a pretty thorough idea. Viewed the forum with the traditional blue color scheme.

Do you have the same problem?
      YES. Still have the same problem after all the steps above.
      I undid all the above changes and tried it with different web browsers (IE9) and still have a non-responsive Manage Attachments button. Thanks so much for the suggestions but I welcome other ideas now.

Comment

Do all the steps again but this time try logging into your forum with another computer.

Comment

Do all the steps again but this time try logging into your forum with another computer.
          So far four different computers have been involved. 1- The server itself, running Apache-MySQL-vBull; 2- A laptop running in the same domain but with a different hard IP address; 3- A desktop at my home that has a variable IP via a cable modem. 4- A colleague in another state who asked me about the problem weeks ago. The problem exists on all four. The first three I flushed the browser cache, number 4 I have no such control. I am willing to run all the steps again but just want you to be aware I already tried two different machines this morning during the first procedure.

Comment

Please open a support ticket with access to your admincp (put those in sensitive data box).

Comment

Okay, will do that... um... exactly how do I open a support ticket? I can't find it on search.

Comment

login to http://members.vbulletin.com/

then open a support ticket.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X