parsing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] parsing

For some reason when someone on my site posts a picture and that picture has spaces "%20" in the file name, somewhere along the way (usually after editing a post) those "%20" are eliminated. when this happens, the pictures obviously disappear.

Anyone else have this issue? is there a setting I can edit?

Thanks in advance.
    -=morrow=-

Anyone???
    -=morrow=-

Comment

This is retarded. Don't the forums here offer support anymore? It's not like my patience is not reasonable. I posted this on the 5th. It's now the 9th.
      -=morrow=-

Comment

The support forums are community based and when we have time we do our best to cover the forums as well. Since you have ticket support, if you're nto getting help you should open a support ticket.

Now, for the issue at hand I've never heard of something like this.

Does it happen on the full reply or the quick reply only? Can you replicate the issue here? And on your own board?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          The support forums are community based and when we have time we do our best to cover the forums as well. Since you have ticket support, if you're nto getting help you should open a support ticket.

Now, for the issue at hand I've never heard of something like this.

Does it happen on the full reply or the quick reply only? Can you replicate the issue here? And on your own board?
          test

-=morrow=-

Comment

test
            -=morrow=-

Comment

test

Yes, it does happen here. I repost this link as this:
              PARSING:
              PHP Code:
              [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/AKSkim/TU Musconetcon Home River Int 2012/DSCN9573.jpg[/IMG] 
              As you can see, the is missing from the name. If you cut and paste the link into a browser it works (with the ). without the it doesn't work.
              And while I'm at it, when I try to save this, I cannot save. I click save and nothing happens. I'm pretty sure this is a bug in the software. I have a thread with these links posted on a PHPBB site and it works fine.

Even if I put the correct link inside the PHP tag it parses the Percent 20... So I cannot upload a photo if it has spaces in it, even on this site.
              Last edited by morrow; Thu 23rd Feb '12, 6:11am.
              -=morrow=-

Comment

A little Googling never killed anybody..

It's a thing your browser does, not the vBulletin software. If it did not put the 20% then the URL would most likely break.

http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/ht...ng.htm#whatwhy
                - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

Originally posted by Maurd View Post
                  A little Googling never killed anybody..

It's a thing your browser does, not the vBulletin software. If it did not put the 20% then the URL would most likely break.

http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/ht...ng.htm#whatwhy
                  Smart ass... go back and read my post. the "%20" is being parsed out. I cannot save a post with %20 in it. The spaces are instantly re-added and the %20 is removed. If I come back and edit this post you'll see that the %20's are all gone.
                  -=morrow=-

Comment

and by the way, the same thing happens right here on vBulletin.
                    -=morrow=-

Comment

Isn't this the problems and troubleshooting thread????

HELLOOOOOOOO!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! OVER HERE vBULLETIN SUPPORT... It's been how long now? CUSTOMER SINCE 2002??? Maybe post 1 question a year... Can I get a response?
                      -=morrow=-

Comment

Isn't this the problems and troubleshooting forum????

HELLOOOOOOOO!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! OVER HERE vBULLETIN SUPPORT... It's been how long now? CUSTOMER SINCE 2002??? Maybe post 1 question a year... Can I get a response?
                        -=morrow=-

Comment

I used the link provided. It seems to work fine. So I am confused to what the problem is?

Here is another image:
                          [noparse]https://tmpdmp.com/v b 3 l o g o.gif[noparse]
                          Last edited by Zachery; Thu 23rd Feb '12, 9:26am.

Comment

Ok, now edit your post and save it. You don't have to actually edit anything just open it up in edit mode and save.
                            -=morrow=-

Comment

I figured this out.

For anyone using VBSEO... If you're using acronyms with the acronym tag and someone just happens to include something in the IMG tag that is defined as one of your acronyms, than that acronym will be replaced with your defined content leaving the stuff inside the IMG tag useless. I changed this to something else and now it's working the way it's supposed to.

For example.. let's say you have an acronym called, "NYC" which is defined as "New York City" and someone includes a photo inside the img tag with NYC in the title. Well this is replaced with an acronym tag and NYC is expanded to New York City. Your links will no longer work.

Setting this option in VBSEO to "YES" should take care of everything.
                              "Apply Acronym Expansion to "Content Areas" only?"
                              -=morrow=-

Comment