No announcement yet.

Issue with Language on certain forums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Issue with Language on certain forums.

Hello,

We have just upgraded from 3.8.x to 4.1.10 and now on certain forums the "Post New Thread" button is only displaying a + and it's missing some other language strings.

This is on our test system so all i can provide are screen shots..but any help would be appreciated.

https://skitch.com/jwhitcraft/g6g3j/moderator-hotline

Thanks,

Jon Whitcraft
    Jon Whitcraft
    Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

Just an update. What's it's doing it only loading 769 phrases for the ones it's missing but where it fills everything it there are 936 phrases. would this be caused by caching and if so, is there a way to disabled caching fully to test it?
    Jon Whitcraft

Comment

I'm not sure what you are saying about how only 769 phrases are loading. How can you tell this?

If you have any server caching going on (and most servers have some sort of caching) and you don't know how to disable it, you will need to ask your host to do this.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Lynne,

I got it figured it. It was vbSEO causing problems. What it was doing was only loading the Global Phrases instead of all the ones for forum display. I sill haven't tracked down why it was doing this but once i disabled the rewrite rule it was fine.

the way I could out how many it was loading was by doing echo count($vbphrases) in a if statement in the parsePhrase method when it was looking for the post_new_thread phrase.

Anyway's its fixed.
        Jon Whitcraft

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X