Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Change "Browsing Options" for ALL Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    To run Queries in the Admin Control Panel you need to edit your config.php file and add your user ID to the Can Run Queries section. It looks like:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '';

Place your user id between the single quotes.

Leave a comment:

• 4Play
    replied
    Originally posted by josiah View Post
    To use SQL you must be authorised in the "config php" file, you do it yourself..
    dumb question, but how do i do that?

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    To use SQL you must be authorised in the "config php" file, you do it yourself..

Leave a comment:

• 4Play
    replied
    Originally posted by josiah View Post
    Acp>options>user registration options .......will do the 2nd not sure if it retro-active though.

The first is found at the bottom of the "Advanced reply" page and is set by users.

Both these options can be user set in their "Profile"
    Thanks, Josiah.

Ace, any idea whether the change will be retroactive?

Also, I just got the message "You are not authorized to execute SQC Queries." Any idea why since I'm the only admin?

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    AdminCP - Maintenance - Execute SQL Query - look in the dropdown for the one you want to run - run it.

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    Acp>options>user registration options .......will do the 2nd not sure if it retro-active though.

The first is found at the bottom of the "Advanced reply" page and is set by users.

Both these options can be user set in their "Profile"
    Last edited by josiah; Tue 31st Jan '12, 10:31am.

Leave a comment:

• 4Play
    started a topic [Forum] How Change "Browsing Options" for ALL Users?

How Change "Browsing Options" for ALL Users?

Just realized that my users are not automatically subscribed to threads that they post on How can I make this change most easily so that it will effect ALL forum members?

I see in "Browsing Options" these two functions which I want to enable for all users:

1. Automatic Thread Subscription Mode - wish to check "Instant email notification"

2. Send Notification Email When a Private Message is Received

Where do I go to enable these two functions for ALL users?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X