Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to show threads from beginning

Hi, all,

So sorry to trouble you. I want the "thread display options" from beginning not from last month.

eg. f.links4rank.com/forumdisplay.php/41-Work-at-Home-General-Talk

How to set it.

Thanks in advance!
    SEO and Webmaster Forum

bump.
    SEO and Webmaster Forum

Comment

On that page > bottom left, look for the Thread Display Options header bar > Show threads from the... select from the drop-down.

Comment

Its not recomended (preformance reasons) to set it to the begining by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Its not recomended (preformance reasons) to set it to the begining by default.
          I need to know where to set it. I checked all the manual and all the setting pages without results. My forum is not big and it is Ok for me to set it at least half year not just from last month.

Thanks in advance!
          SEO and Webmaster Forum

Comment

Originally posted by oatsy View Post
            On that page > bottom left, look for the Thread Display Options header bar > Show threads from the... select from the drop-down.
            I think everyone knows this. I want to know where to set a longer period in admincp

Thanks
            SEO and Webmaster Forum

Comment

Originally posted by links4rank View Post
              I think everyone knows this. I want to know where to set a longer period in admincp

Thanks
              There is a setting for each forum that you can set the default age view.

AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> [Edit each forum or parent forum] -> Change the setting: Default View Age

Originally posted by AdminCP Text
              Default View Age (Default date cut-off for thread display)
              Also refer to: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/forum_add_forum

As Zach mentioned above, it's not recommended to set this to show all threads for performance reasons.
              To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
                There is a setting for each forum that you can set the default age view.

AdminCP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> [Edit each forum or parent forum] -> Change the setting: Default View Age

Also refer to: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/forum_add_forum

As Zach mentioned above, it's not recommended to set this to show all threads for performance reasons.
                Thank you very much.

I imported forums from PHPBB3 and I didnot reset forum and Now I have to edit all forums. I think it is a disadvanctage of vbulletin.
                SEO and Webmaster Forum

Comment

You can run a query in the AdminCP > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query to set them all to a specific date.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    You can run a query in the AdminCP > Maintenance > Execute SQL Query to set them all to a specific date.
                    To add to Zachery's instruction, you'll need to make sure that your user/administrator account has access to run SQL queries via the config.php as shown be example below:

Code:
                        //    ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
                        //    The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
                        //    See the above entries for more information on the format.
                        //    Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
                        //    to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
                    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '1';
                    Replace the '1' with your userID number that you would like to use to run queries from the AdminCP.
                    To be updated...

Comment

Thanks ENF, long day sorry for the lack of extra useful information.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X