Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notify Members When They Are Approved from "Users Awaiting Moderation" ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Notify Members When They Are Approved from "Users Awaiting Moderation" ?

    Hello,

    I have Moderate New Members --> Set to Yes.

    After the Register, they go into --> Users Awaiting Moderation.

    Then, to approve them, I click on their Username, and move them to --> Registered Users.

    But, they are not being notified via email when I approve and move them to --> Registered Users.

    How do I ensure they get an email, notifying them they're approved?

    Thanks
    FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW

  • #2
    An E-Mail should be sent automatically when a user is approved unless you have "send welcome E-Mail" disabled.
    <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by josiah View Post
      An E-Mail should be sent automatically when a user is approved unless you have "send welcome E-Mail" disabled.
      I have that enabled.

      ACP > User Registration Options > Send Welcome Email > Yes

      My members *do* get Welcome emails when Moderate New Members --> is set to No.

      My members *do not* get Welcome emails when Moderate New Members --> is set to Yes.

      When I move Members from "Users Awaiting Moderation" --> to --> Registered Users - they don't get notified that their Registration is Approved.
      FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW

      Comment


      • #4
        Send Welcome Email
        If you enable this setting, the user will be sent an email after registration. Note if you enable Verify Email Address in Registration below, the user must verify their address before an email will be sent. If you have Moderate New Members enabled above, this setting will have no effect as the user will be sent an email once validated regardless of this setting.
        <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by josiah View Post
          Send Welcome Email
          If you enable this setting, the user will be sent an email after registration. Note if you enable Verify Email Address in Registration below, the user must verify their address before an email will be sent. If you have Moderate New Members enabled above, this setting will have no effect as the user will be sent an email once validated regardless of this setting.
          Right.

          But - that is not happening ^

          They are not receiving emails "once validated" - which is why I posted here in Troubleshooting.
          FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tChristine View Post
            Then, to approve them, I click on their Username, and move them to --> Registered Users.
            So you're manually moving them? That's not the proper way to do it I'm afraid.

            When you're in the Admin CP, inside of the statistics box look for "Users to Moderate"; that's the thing you want.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 01272012 - 08:29:04 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	3686556

            When you have a user (or users) to moderate, that 0 will turn into a number. Click the [View] link.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 01272012 - 08:30:47 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	3686557

            You'll get this page; this is how you properly approve/deny/ignore a moderated registration:

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 01272012 - 08:32:04 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	3686558


            Let me know if that helps.
            - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Maurd View Post

              You'll get this page; this is how you properly approve/deny/ignore a moderated registration:



              Let me know if that helps.
              ............

              Yes, that does help, thank you!
              FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Maurd View Post

                When you have a user (or users) to moderate, that 0 will turn into a number. Click the [View] link.

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]57702[/ATTACH]
                Hi folks

                Can I ask here as it seems very pertinent, if ther are 'Users to Moderate" is there a way for moderators to be notified without visiting the forum... by email ?

                Hope someone can answer this question for me.

                Many thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tChristine View Post
                  I have Moderate New Members --> Set to Yes.

                  After the Register, they go into --> Users Awaiting Moderation.

                  Then, to approve them, I click on their Username, and move them to --> Registered Users.
                  You must not move yourself the user from Awaiting Moderation to Registered Users.
                  When you approve the registration of the new user, the transfer from one group to the other is made automatically. Then, the Welcom email will be sent.
                  Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X