Error In Getting Arabic Rss Feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Error In Getting Arabic Rss Feeds

I have some problem i was run my forums on 3.8 and get some feeds in my forums after i have upgrade it to vb4 all arabic feeds come into my forums with strange character i have the forum windows-1256 and the other forums i get topics from have windows-1256 charset too so what is the problem whois happened after upgrading to vbulletin 4 ? i hope i find a fix for this problem

there is no one here can help me ?

Comment

Can you give me a link to one of these feeds?

Comment

Hello everyone

I also have the same problem this problem only in version 4.1.10 the link feeding for test.

Code:
        [LEFT][COLOR=#0000BB][FONT=monospace]http[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#007700][FONT=monospace]:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#FF8000][FONT=monospace]//www.ahbabullah.com/vb/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=42[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
        Click image for larger version

Name:	feed error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	3686524
        Last edited by SiL3NTHiLL; Mon 23 Jan '12, 11:46am.
        all Old , is gold

Comment

Using the feed above-

On VB 3.8.7 I get all ?'s instead of Arabic characters

On VB 4.0.8 all the Arabic characters are gone, all I get is the "More" Link,

and on 4.1.10 I get the funny looking (clearly not Arabaic) characters as well.

Have they ever worked on your forums? What language/charset is your database using?

Comment

In genral phpmyadmin interface some option ,,
            General Settings : MySQL connection collation :- utf8_general_ci

the type of mysql is MyISAM and the Collation is latin1_swedish_ci

also i have alot of taggregate_temp_********* in database tables

Comment

And what charset are you using on your language settings in AdminCP?
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

im using vbulletin 4.10 and using the language of 4.8 because its the last arabic language ver ,,

and its contain langage code is "ar"
                and html charset is "windows-1256"

this is the value in arabic language setting

Comment

i hope you find a fix for my problem

Comment

so there is no fix yet for this problem ????????????????????????

Comment

I Fixed by my self thanks for all
                      مرحبا اخي استبدل الملف المرفق الخاص بالنسخه القديمه 4.1.8 فهو يعمل بشكل صحيح

ضعه في مجلد includes

بالمناسبة لقد بحثت كثيراً عن لهذه المشكله اتمنى ان اكون افدتك

تنبيه :
                      الرجاء خذ نسخه من الملف السابق تحسباً لأي طارئ

EDIT- File Removed, You may not redistribute full vBulletin files. It also had your license info in the file.
                      Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Thu 2 Feb '12, 9:04am.
                      all Old , is gold

Comment

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its working now SiL3NTHiLL you are a rock

المشكلة انحلت اخي العزيز ولم تحل من قبل الدعم الفني فعلا مايجيبها الا رجالها

شكراً جزيلا لك وجزاك الله كل خير

Comment

Originally posted by SiL3NTHiLL View Post
                          I Fixed by my self thanks for all
                          مرحبا اخي استبدل الملف المرفق الخاص بالنسخه القديمه 4.1.8 فهو يعمل بشكل صحيح

ضعه في مجلد includes

بالمناسبة لقد بحثت كثيراً عن لهذه المشكله اتمنى ان اكون افدتك

تنبيه :
                          الرجاء خذ نسخه من الملف السابق تحسباً لأي طارئ

I'm sorry but I had to remove the file you attached because you are not allowed to distribute full vBulletin files. Also it had your license info in that file which you should try to keep secure.

The solution for those who may have this issue, was that he replaced the class_xml.php file from VB 4.1.10 with the class_xml.php file from VB 4.1.8. Anyone who has access to 4.1.10 should also be able to download 4.1.8 from the member's area and make the same change.

I will open a bug report on this so the developers can go back and see what they changed and maybe fix it in a future version.

A big thank you to SiL3NTHiLL for sharing his fix.
                          Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Thu 2 Feb '12, 9:25am.

Comment

Issue confirmed on my end.

Posted @ http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14223

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post

I'm sorry but I had to remove the file you attached because you are not allowed to distribute full vBulletin files. Also it had your license info in that file which you should try to keep secure.

The solution for those who may have this issue, was that he replaced the class_xml.php file from VB 4.1.10 with the class_xml.php file from VB 4.1.8. Anyone who has access to 4.1.10 should also be able to download 4.1.8 from the member's area and make the same change.

I will open a bug report on this so the developers can go back and see what they changed and maybe fix it in a future version.

A big thank you to SiL3NTHiLL for sharing his fix.

Hi Sir BirdOPrey5
                              Thank you for providing me advice I really appreciate the this

Please accept my apologies for the mistake I put attachments
                              Thank you for the clarification

Also I thank the wonderful substantive support S P E E D

best regards

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
                              Issue confirmed on my end.

Posted @ http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14223
                              Thank you very much was the link provided is useful to us.

And the problem is solved.

Thank you support team in vbulletin You are really wonderful

I hope you always happy times
                              all Old , is gold

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X