Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inserted Images also showing as Attachments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Inserted Images also showing as Attachments?

After upgrading to 4.1.10;

Images inserted "inline" (using the WYSIWYG tool) show inline (as expected) when initially posted, but later will also show as an attachment thumbnail as well as the inserted image.

When subsequently viewing the post in Source Mode the inline image is in [ATTACH=CONFIG] tags... shouldn't an inline image be in [IMG] tags?

My primary issue comes with count limits... I have a 10 image and 6 attachment limit per post.
    Now that inline images also become attachments, members can no longer post 10 images, as they're now caught by the attachment limit.

I don't want to increase the attachment limit, as attachments can be files other than images and of a larger file size.

Any insight as to what is going on here, and a remedy, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bryan

Because people are not unchecking the store option for when they get a remote image.
    If you're allowing users to store 6 items per post, is there really a harm allowing 4 more?

Comment

Really, I guess not...
      Could one have the store option unchecked by default?... and what would be the downside to this?
      [Edit] This only applied to online files, not uploaded files, correct?

Thanks, Zachery.
      Last edited by Spillage; Fri 20th Jan '12, 5:41pm.
      Bryan

Comment

There is no option to disable the checkbox by default. There is an option to disable local storage completely- so user's don't get the option at all.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> set to "No."

Comment

How will the Insert Image WYSIWYG tool behave with the Advanced Insert Image Popup disabled?
          What will happen to previously inserted images?
          Bryan

Comment

Previous images won't be affected. Clicking on the Image button will open a dialog like from VB3 that simply asks for the URL of the image.

Comment

Thank you, Joe.
              Bryan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X