Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbiweb
    replied
    Wayne to the rescue once again. And thanks for all the other input, guys. It's all good.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is a find and replace feature under Languages & Phrases -> Find in Phrases. Can be dangerous though.

You can also use a replacement variable in your style but it will replace all text, even within posts.

Leave a comment:

• Anders P
    replied
    From my experience in translating vBulletin (I have done a 100% complete translation) there is no quick way if you want it to make sense. However changing the most commonly used ones shouldn't take that long time. But I would say that it is just to start type.

As a side note I have translated "threads" to something more like "topic" in my translation, "threads" isn't really the best word in my opinion and in Swedish I think it is even worse.

/Anders

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    You would have to change "thread" and "threads" to make any sense............get typing...........

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    replied
    Thanks, but if it were that easy I wouldn't be asking how to do a mass edit. Have you actually gone to the phrase manager and looked at how many instances of "thread" there are to edit?

Leave a comment:

• josiah
    replied
    Acp > phrase manager > edit the word "thread" and see if it does what you require.

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    started a topic [Forum] Changing a phrase en masse.

Changing a phrase en masse.

I would like to change the phrase "Thread" to "Topic" on all the buttons, links and other references forum-wide. There are a bazillion phrases with "thread" in them. Is there a db query to change them all at once, or am I looking at a marathon phrase editing session?