X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by FerScrich View Post
    Yes but i have modified the product to show me the content of each query.
    You can also display the queries in standard debug mode, just click on the explain option.

Originally posted by FerScrich View Post
    And when will be reduced the number of queries? i think more than 25 are too much queries for a index page, that should be cached and simple as much as possible.
    Less than 25 ? Probably never with the current CMS.
    The count may get reduced by some better template caching, and if a non SQL based caching system is [ever] released (using xcache for example), but that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• FerScrich
    replied
    Yes but i have modified the product to show me the content of each query.
    And when will be reduced the number of queries? i think more than 25 are too much queries for a index page, that should be cached and simple as much as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Simply running vB in debug mode will show you this (number of queries per page).
    The number of queries the CMS makes has been a pain point since its release, its far too many in most peoples opinion.

Leave a comment:

• FerScrich
    replied
    Hi:
    I have installed the product SevenSkins Page Generation Stats that shows me (only to administrator) the number of connections and the page generation time of each page.
    The index of the website makes 131 queries to DB and i reload page and after 114 queries, (i suppose due cache reduce number of queries), but how can be possible that a CMS need to make 100 queries to DB to show a simple page with blocks, and the latest articles?
    I don't think is normal to make 100 queries or more in the cms index, and less when this is the default page that will be shown to a new user that enter to a website.

Leave a comment:

• FerScrich
    replied
    Maeby only an image no, but when you ask if something passed that day, and i answer that i upgraded my vbulletin from 4.1.9 to 4.1.10, i think is more than likely that the problem is the upgrade of vbulletin and not a server configuration, i will check your thread but i don't think will solve any problem.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As stated before, the images really provide no information to work with. If you won't get help optimizing MySQL in our Server Configuration forum there is really nothing we can do for you. That is the process to help with your issue.

If the software is not operating properly or there is an error, then we can provide more help here.

Otherwise, see: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...sts-20-11-2011

Leave a comment:

• FerScrich
    replied
    I don't think is similar due you problem has appeared after unpgrading to vb 4.1.10? my problem yes, before that there was no problem on server.

Leave a comment:

• vbsm
    replied
    Situation is similar to my question about function load...
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...speed-the-most

Leave a comment:

• FerScrich
    replied
    I have upgraded on day 13 at 12:00AM GMT +1
    Statistics are the same, here is the google analytics graph
    Click image for larger version

Name:	estadisticas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	3686475

Host didn't updated anything due i need to manually update packages / control panel and i didn't updated anything, and only i have access to root server account.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Peters
    replied
    Heavy MySQL usage since upgrade to vb4.1.10

To avoid any spurious links, it would be sensible to overlay those stats with visitor statistics. It would also be helpful to pinpoint the exact date of the vbulletin upgrade and mark this on the graph. As it stands, there's no evidence of a causal link (as the staff have explained).

Until you do all of that, and ensure you include all variables such as server upgrades (which your host may not have documented), there's not much to go on.

Leave a comment:

• FerScrich
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    I was speaking to a guy down the pub, and he told me its due to the price of eggs.

FYI, Nothing I can recall has been done in 4.1.10 to dramatically affect the mysql load (either way, up or down).
    Do you think this a correct answer from vbulletin admin?
    If you don't want to see if something happened since last update ok, but do not make fun of customers who bought your product, this is amazing the lack of respect from administrators.

If i write the post with a image that shows the heavy increase of MySQL usage that happened since the upgrade of vbulletin on a server and i didn't do anything else on website since some months, and i see the same google analytics visitors, i don't know what more you need to show the evidence that the problem is on vbulletin and not on server configuration.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    I was speaking to a guy down the pub, and he told me its due to the price of eggs.

FYI, Nothing I can recall has been done in 4.1.10 to dramatically affect the mysql load (either way, up or down).

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I am sorry but we can't act on anecdotal evidence. Unless you have specific evidence that you can provide, we can't help any further.

Leave a comment:

• FerScrich
    replied
    I don't think that is the problem, if all worked fine for 2 years, and since last upgrade of vbulletin things started failing, i dont think problem is on server configuration, i think that something has been done on las vbulletin upgrade, something related to MySQL, and i think more people will start experiencing server MySQL problems after upgraded, because i have been speaking with another user that has a vbulletin and told me the same, that after upgrade he started experiencing mysql usage has increased, not at all as mine but he experienced the same problem.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You should head to the server configuration forum and get help optimizing your installation for vBulletin.

Leave a comment: