Meta tag issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Meta tag issues...

No matter what thread i view in my forum they all have the same meta description

<meta content="Fatwillie.Net - Forums" property="og:site_name">

<meta content="Media for People Who Like Media" property="og:description">

I doubt this is the way it is supposed to work by default as almost every forum I have checked has the proper descriptions.

I can only assume that I messed something up. What I would like to do is restore the meta setting to their defaults. Is there somewhere I can find a copy of the default meta tag setup so I can restore them in my template?

Is there going to be no help on this one?

Comment

I'm not sure why I can't get a response here. This is a valid support request.

My meta tags on any given thread look like this:
      Code:
      [TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="" content="176097379106172" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-number"][/TD]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="" content="Fatwillie.Net - Forums" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="" content="Media for People Who Like Media" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="" content="http://www.fatwillie.net/forum/showthread.php?3749-Yesterdays-SOPA-Blackout-Was-a-Total-Success" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="" content="article" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      Where as the ones on this site look like this:
      Code:
      [TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="fb:app_id" content="117004461646535" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="og:site_name" content="vBulletin Community Forum" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="og:description" content="This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ ." />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="og:url" content="https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/394832-Delete-mass-users" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [TR]
      [TD="class: webkit-line-content"]<meta property="og:type" content="article" />[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]
      My meta tags have no property value set and I would like to know how to fix it so it is the way it should be.

Comment

Those meta tags you quoted are for facebook connect. The actually meta description is the tag that looks like this (right above the <title> tag):

HTML Code:
        	<meta name="description" content="No matter what thread i view in my forum they all have the same meta description    &lt;meta content=&quot;Fatwillie.Net - Forums&quot; property=&quot;og:site_name&quot;&gt;    &lt;meta content=&quot;Media for People Who Like Media&quot; property=&quot;og:description&quot;&gt;    I doubt this is the way it is supposed to work by default as almost every forum I have checked has the proper descriptions.     I can only assume that I messed something up. What I would like to do is restore the meta setting to their defaults. Is there somewhere I can" /> 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment