Antivirus reaction to VB4.1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Antivirus reaction to VB4.1.5

Hi, I have Vbulletin 4.1.5 for my forum and people tell me they get a warn message from their browsers saying 'warning this might be a malicious website'. So I would like to ask do you know where that comes from and what I could do to correct it. From my research, I had this pop up anti virus warn only when I browse my forum under a pc. With the mac, no problems. It only happens with a pc and especially with microsoft internet explorer. The message had the Zone Alarm (Zone lab Firewall http://www.zonealarm.com/) design, but I can't guarantee it has anything to do with them.

Thanks very much

I just discovered I have the same problem

Has anyone answered you? Can someone please respond with an answer.

Thanks!

Comment

out a little more detail and maybe a link to the forum, it's hard to say.
      they get a warn message from their browsers saying 'warning this might be a malicious website'.
      Is this a google message? or what?
      The message had the Zone Alarm (Zone lab Firewall http://www.zonealarm.com/) design, but I can't guarantee it has anything to do with them.
      Do you use zone alarm? Do you run any advertisements?
      www.cdmagurus.com
      www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

I can't speak for Monraisse but one of my occurrences involved McAfee. It was some sort of company network firewall or something. My website was blocked by it for being "malicious"

Comment

Please see this thread: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...Not-Right-Here!
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/....net/forum.php

Comment

Great. Thanks. The only anomaly the scan revealed i have outdated software. I'm using vB 4.1.10.

Anything I can do? Or should know? Would that alone get me blocked?

Comment

Hello guys and thanks for these answers.
                I've visited the links and ran your security tests but my site looks clean.

out a little more detail and maybe a link to the forum, it's hard to say. Is this a google message? or what?
                No it's a message generated by the Zone Alarm firewall. I thought maybe the problem was coming from my place so I asked a friend living in the Us to visit my website www.teenbar.net and she says she also has this 'warning malicious website' popup from her firewall. I invited people from a board who said 'thanks for inviting us but we got a warn message when visiting your site
                Do you use zone alarm? Do you run any advertisements?
                Yes I use Zone Alarm, however I do not run any advertisment. I have registered in Zone alarm boards to ask if somebody already complained for that matter. I will keep you updated. Thanks again

Comment

Check your Footer template and see if you have a "feedyourbrain" link right at the top of it......if so....delete it...don't even revert...just delete the whole thing.

I found out that our site got hacked (opening a seperate thread as to how) and found that this a-hole hacker would go through each of my styles and insert a link into the footer template. Styles and Templates>Style Manager>Edit Templates>Footer

I had been getting malware alerts from Google as well as Trojan blocks from Norton....my host couldn't find it...we hardened the site by putting up a firewall and changing all the passwords, etc. and still it persisted. Since VB runs my whole site I figured it had to be somewhere and just stumbled across the footer template marked in red shortly after upgrading to 4.1.10 and there is was! I deleted it and had Google rescan the site to clear it off the blacklist. It turned up a couple more times before I found out the access point this guy was using.

Hope this helps you out.....
                  Last edited by Illuvatar; Wed 8 Feb '12, 1:20pm.
                  All who wander are not lost.
                  - JRR Tolkien -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X