I want Gueststo see Post New thread and Reply to Thread Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] I want Gueststo see Post New thread and Reply to Thread Buttons

I have done a search for this, and I think there might be an answer somewhere, I want my Guest i.e unregistered/not logged in users to be able to see the Post New thread and Reply to Thread Buttons, but when they click it a Login will be required.
    Pls note that, I don't want to give guest posting permissions, I just want them to see these buttons as that will encourage them to post.
    How can I go about this. pls help?

See attached samples below .

thanks
    Attached Files

This is how is should work by default. Do they show in an uncustomized style?

----- Edit -----
    Never mind, I guess it was changed recently. Will have to look at the code.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

No, it does not seem to work by default on the 4.1.10 ver. I know i use to have it, I just signed out of Vbulletin.com and its same result it does not show the Post New thread and Reply to Thread Buttons to guests.
      It does not show on the Default template and I even created a new template with no parent style and it still did not show it to guests. If you sign out of this forum and browse as guest you will see what i mean. Pls help investigate this.

Comment

Yeah. I already posted that in my reply above. Looking into it. You should look at your SHOWTHREAD and FORUMDISPLAY templates and remove any conditionals around the code for the buttons. That will force them to always display.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Don't know which exactly to remove, saw this in the SHOWTHREAD and FORUMDISPLAY templates

SHOWTHREAD
          ==============
          <vb:if condition="$show['quickreply']">
          <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_quick_reply.js?v={vb:raw vboptions.simpleversion}"></script>
          </vb:if>

===============
          <vb:if condition="$show['largereplybutton']">
          <a href="{vb:raw $vboptions.vbforum_url}{vb:if "$vboptions['vbforum_url']", '/', ''}newreply.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}p={vb:raw LASTPOSTID}&amp;noquote=1"
          class="newcontent_textcontrol" id="newreplylink_top"><vb:if condition="$show['closethread']"><span>+</span> {vb:rawphrase reply_to_thread}<vb:else />{vb:rawphrase closed_thread}</vb:if></a>

FORUMDISPLAY
          =============

<vb:if condition="$show['newthreadlink']">
          <a href="{vb:raw $vboptions.vbforum_url}{vb:if "$vboptions['vbforum_url']", '/', ''}newthread.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=newthread&amp;f={vb:raw foruminfo.forumid}" rel="nofollow" class="newcontent_textcontrol" id="newthreadlink_top"><span>+</span> {vb:rawphrase post_new_thread}</a></vb:if>
          <vb:if condition="$show['threadslist']">
          <div class="threadpagenav">
          {vb:raw pagenav}
          <div id="threadpagestats" class="threadpagestats">{vb:rawphrase showing_threads_x_to_y_of_z, {vb:raw limitlower}, {vb:raw limitupper}, {vb:raw totalthreads}}</div>
          </div>
          </div>

============
          <vb:if condition="$show['newthreadlink']">
          <li>
          <a href="{vb:raw $vboptions.vbforum_url}{vb:if "$vboptions['vbforum_url']", '/', ''}newthread.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=newthread&amp;f={vb:raw foruminfo.forumid}" rel="nofollow">
          {vb:rawphrase post_a_new_thread}&hellip;

</a>

</li>

Comment

Remove these conditions:

<vb:if condition="$show['largereplybutton']"> and its corresponding </vb:if>

<vb:if condition="$show['newthreadlink']"> and its corresponding </vb:if>

<vb:if condition="$show['newthreadlink']"> and its corresponding </vb:if>

I'd be more specific and post more code but dealing with another situation at the moment.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks that worked, I hope this will be fixed in subsequent updates

Comment

A vote for this also

Just to add my support that want this put back in future upgrades also. It should help encourage registrations.

Thanks,
                Dale.
                http://www.settledin.com.au
                http://www.settledin.com.au/forum/

Comment

I vote for this so here is the improvement request for this. Vote for it.

Wayne Luke can you confirm this and post the fix in the report? It will mean more coming from you

Comment

More of a workaround than a fix. We had an issue with the email systems that resulted in a long day yesterday and I haven't been able to fully investigate why this change was made yet.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I've create a product that consists of a single option and two plugins to restore this functionality. You can see it at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277324

Any questions about the product need to be asked at the link above. For it to work, you would have to restore the conditions. It works based on the pre-existing conditionals.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X