Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Test Site Q

Been a long time since I've tinkered.

I'm changing the name and look of my site so want to create a test site on my new URL. I've copied the database and uploaded it to a new one. I've copied the files and uploaded them to my new URL but I'm getting a white page. I can't see anything.
    I've re- uploaded them as per the manual but its still the same.
    Am I missing anything? What about settings in my Admincp? I can't access it through the site so are there any changes I can do in my database?
    Thanks!

Anyone with any advice?
    Thanks

Comment

Did you remember to activate the MySql support in PHP.ini?

Comment

I've never done that before. What do I look for? I tried Googling but can't get a plain answer.

Comment

I have that section showing in my phpinfo file?

Comment

Add this line to the config.php and upload.

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

You can also try to login to admincp directly, instead of going through forum footer links e.g. www.site.com/admincp/
            vBulletin skins and servcies: www.sevenskins.com
            A to Z Talk: www.atoztalk.com

Comment

I've tried both and still the same. I'm going to try uploading a clean version of vbulletin and see what that does.
              Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Did you change AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name/URL/etc > Forum URL to the new URL? Did you check your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)?

Here is a page from the manual about troubleshooting blank or 'white' pages: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Lynne I can't access the admin cp. I did read that info and tried what I could. I'll see if the clean version works and then go from there.
                  Thanks

Comment