I'm almost ready to turn CMS off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm almost ready to turn CMS off

I have tried for countless hours trying to get even just a basic page and nothing I'm doing is working. I have watched the video's and have read the how to CMS but it's telling me how to in parts and there is nothing that give me a step by step on how to set it up.

this is how pathetic my layout is. I am almost at the point in paying someone to help me get this working or just turning it off and moving on to turning my site live.

Click image for larger version

Name:	crap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	3722551

Well firstly what look are you trying to achieve?

Comment

yep turn it of heheheheheheh

Comment

What are you going for? While the cms is not as user friendly, or easy to work with. The Grid Manager is fairly point and click, and so are widgets/content placement.

Comment

Yes that looks bad. What are you trying to do? It looks like to need to add a grid of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by funinbc View Post
            I have tried for countless hours trying to get even just a basic page and nothing I'm doing is working. I have watched the video's and have read the how to CMS but it's telling me how to in parts and there is nothing that give me a step by step on how to set it up.

this is how pathetic my layout is. I am almost at the point in paying someone to help me get this working or just turning it off and moving on to turning my site live.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57371[/ATTACH]
            Like others said, it depends on your grid. Looks like your's is 50/50 without a sidebar. Is that what you wanted or do you want more of a standard 2 or 3 column look?

The grid and layout portion of the CMS is actually very strong and easily customizable to obtain hundreds of looks.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

In the beginning I was very disappointed with the CMS and regretted my purchase. But, after MUCH work and viewing the videos and some trial and error I am now not regretting my purchase and feel I have built up a decent website.

Look around for other websites that use the CMS and you will see what can be achieved. E-mail the owners and ask them a question or two and some will e-mail you back but don't expect a full explanation. I did this and I got short but useful answers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X