Database error in vBulletin 4.1.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Database error in vBulletin 4.1.9

I am getting this error just after I enabled CMS and Blog from Product Manager..
    When I go to any of the CMS setting, the below message appears. Settings pages for blogs gives a blank (white) page.

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 4.1.9:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT node.nodeid , (node.nodeleft = 1) AS isroot, node.contenttypeid, node.contentid, node.url, node.parentnode,
                    (CASE WHEN node.contenttypeid =  THEN node.styleid ELSE parent.styleid end ) AS styleid, node.userid,
                        (CASE WHEN node.contenttypeid =  THEN node.layoutid ELSE parent.layoutid end ) AS layoutid,
                        node.publishdate, node.setpublish, node.issection, node.permissionsfrom, node.nodeleft, node.noderight, node.new,
                        node.userid, node.showtitle, node.showuser, node.showpreviewonly, node.lastupdated, node.showall, node.showrating,
                        node.showupdated, node.showviewcount, node.showpublishdate, node.settingsforboth, node.includechildren, node.editshowchildren,
                        parent.permissionsfrom as parentpermissions, node.publicpreview, node.comments_enabled, node.shownav,
                        node.hidden, node.nosearch , info.description, info.title, info.html_title, info.viewcount, info.creationdate, info.workflowdate, info.keywords,
                        info.workflowstatus, info.workflowcheckedout, info.workflowlevelid, info.associatedthreadid, info.creationdate, node.showrating,
                        info.ratingnum, info.ratingtotal, info.rating,
                        user.username, thread.replycount, sectionorder.displayorder 

FROM mst_cms_node AS node
                    INNER JOIN mst_cms_nodeinfo AS info ON info.nodeid = node.nodeid
                    LEFT JOIN mst_user AS user ON user.userid = node.userid
                    LEFT JOIN mst_thread AS thread ON thread.threadid = info.associatedthreadid
                    LEFT JOIN mst_cms_sectionorder AS sectionorder ON sectionorder.sectionid = node.parentnode
                        AND sectionorder.nodeid = node.nodeid
                    LEFT JOIN mst_cms_node AS parent ON parent.nodeid = node.parentnode 

WHERE node.nodeid = 1;

MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'THEN node.styleid ELSE parent.styleid end ) AS styleid, node.userid,
                        (CASE ' at line 2
    Error Number  : 1064
    Request Date  : Sunday, January 8th 2012 @ 04:45:32 AM
    Error Date    : Sunday, January 8th 2012 @ 04:45:32 AM
    Script        : http://www.XXXXXXX.com/content.php
    Referrer      : http://www.XXXXXXX.com/admincp/index.php?do=head
    IP Address    : XXXXXXX
    Username      : 
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.1.56
    What to do to fix this error?
    Mobile Discussion Forum | Technology ReDiscussed | Make Money Online

For the blog pages, here is a page from the manual about troubleshooting blank or 'white' pages: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

For the CMS, have you tried rerunning the upgrade.php script? Try doing so after verifying all your files are default under Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Version

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      For the CMS, have you tried rerunning the upgrade.php script? Try doing so after verifying all your files are default under Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Version
      Yes, I run the upgrade script after I enabled the Blog and the CMS.

About the Blog part, I'll troubleshoot them and let you know the output as soon as I finish. Meanwhile, what to do with that SQL error?
      Thanks

Edit: Just noticed, if I enable only the Blog, it gives a sitewide database error (no frame to show the error, nothing in page source also). Shall I open a support ticket?
      Last edited by Abhik; Sun 8 Jan '12, 9:18am.

Comment

In your config.php file, did you set an email to have database errors sent to you? If so, what is the exact database error you are getting from the blog?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

All the emails I am getting with this error

Code:
          Table 'mst_blog_user' doesn't exist
          mst_ is the table prefix.

On a farther investigation, I noticed that no blog and cms tables were created.
          Last edited by Abhik; Sun 8 Jan '12, 8:31pm.

Comment

Did you used to have blogs and cms on your site?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X