Want to change thread subscription type for ALL MY threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Want to change thread subscription type for ALL MY threads

Maybe a weird question but I want to change the subscription type from daily email to through my control panel only for EVERY thread I'm subscribed to. Problem is I want to do this on the forum that I operate and I'm subscribed to nearly 6,000 threads. I don't want to click through over 100 pages of threads and change the type of subscription.

In the Admin CP -> Users -> Search for User -> (Username)

In the drop down box at the top one of the options is to delete all subscriptions for the username.

That is the right/supported way of doing it... the following is not supported-

If you're looking for an SQL Query the table would be subscribethread but be sure you backup your database before attempting to manually edit your database.

Code:
    UPDATE subscribethread SET emailupdate = 0 WHERE userid = 1
    assuming you want to change the settings for userid 1.

emailupdate = 0, this will stop all email updates but keep you subscribed in the control panel... other options are 1, 2, and 3- corresponding to different email options, but I'm not sure which is immediate, daily, or weekly.

Comment

How do I disable subscriptions for ALL users on ALL threads?

Would it be something like:
      UPDATE subscribethread SET emailupdate = 0 WHERE userid = * ????
      Can you believe this? The developers overlooked one of the most important features of a forum!
      VOTE HERE FOR:
      Alert/Notification when being quoted
      http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8606

Comment

The above query for all users would be:

Code:
        UPDATE subscribethread SET emailupdate = 0
        As always we strongly recommend making a database backup before running any manual command

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X