Memcache and co - amateur needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Memcache and co - amateur needs help

Hi, I am totally unexperienced with that kind of stuff, so I hope I can get some help here.

My main forum runs on a managed server (which gives me limited options but I can't administrate a server myself due to time reasons). So far I use APC (and FastCGI) and it works well.

Since a few days my server offers a couple of extra PHP options. Some of them are Zend Optimizer (not available while using APC), Zend Guard Loader (disabled), memcache (disabled) and memcached (disabled).

I wonder now what I should do. Keep APC and leave all options disabled? Would I benefit from combining any of the above? For example keep APC and configure memcache or memcached? By the way, what is the difference respectively, what is better, memcache or memcached?

I am happy that I finally have several options, but I am totally unsure of what to use and how. What would be the best possible vB set up? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by ceho; Thu 5 Jan '12, 6:29am.
    sigpic

As your already using APC as you posted, there isnt really a reason to enable memcache, unless your using multiple servers to do a web load balance.

I would have your management team install XCache versus APC though, but opinions vary on that too lol
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X