Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Style Premium - Direct link possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Mobile Style Premium - Direct link possible?

Dear all,

is there any way I could set-up a direct link to a certain style, in particular Mobile Style Premium ? Example: http://www.domain.com/forum/m

Some of my users are complaining that my forum is not auto-detecting their mobile phone, and the full version cannot be loaded at all on their device. In other words they cannot get to the bottom of the page in order to select style. Last example is usage of Nokia 5800.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
    Regards.
    My baby ...: www.SvetSatova.com :...

You should be able to get the direct link to the style in your admicnp. It will just be your site url with ?styleid=xxx at the end.

(You need to allow users to choose styles in order for them to use the mobile style. I went to the link in your sig and you do not have a style chooser at the bottom of your site.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi Lynne,

and thanks a lot for your quick response, I really appreciate it.

Suggested URL works like a charm, so I'm satisfied with it, and I did a Google URL shortener of that link so it's much more easy for my members to use it.
      Anyhow I'm looking for a more elegant way of doing it, so I'm still interested if there is any way to associate mobile style with a custom URL on my domain:

Example:

www.svetsatova.com/forum/m
      or
      m.svetsatova.com

Or something similar.
      Is this something what "External CSS URL" option is used for, and if yes, please tell me how to use it?

Could you please double check my website, because I'm pretty sure there is an option to choose styles in the footer (please use the forum URL: www.svetsatova.com/forum/forum.php )

Thanks and regards!
      My baby ...: www.SvetSatova.com :...

Comment

vbulletin doesn't have any way of setting the mobile style to (example) mobile.yoursite.com . I think this would be something you would set up on your server. You may want to ask over on vbulletin.org, the modification site, and see if someone knows what needs to be done.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X