Akismet antispam problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Akismet antispam problem

I have started having some serious problems with spammers attacking my blogs, so I tried setting up a promotion so after 5 posts people could use the blog (spammers don't typically make it that far so I wouldn't have to worry about them).

The problem I'm having now is legitimate posters are having their posts moderated, how can I stop this from happening? I have "Spam Scanning Post Threshold" set to 15, yet it continues to scan members posts even after the threshold has been met.

Any help would be appreciated.

VB 4.1.1

Originally posted by traen View Post
    I have started having some serious problems with spammers attacking my blogs, so I tried setting up a promotion so after 5 posts people could use the blog (spammers don't typically make it that far so I wouldn't have to worry about them).

The problem I'm having now is legitimate posters are having their posts moderated, how can I stop this from happening? I have "Spam Scanning Post Threshold" set to 15, yet it continues to scan members posts even after the threshold has been met.

Any help would be appreciated.

VB 4.1.1
    Are you sure it is due to the spam scanning or could it be due to moderation rules?

Check your new usergroup and make sure that "Follow Blog Moderation Setting" is set to Yes.

Then make sure that Blog Entry Moderation is set to No under Settings -> Options -> vBulletin Blog: Entry Options.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Ha I figured it out about an hour later, I followed the instructions about setting the "follow moderation" for posting, which explains why no one was able to post heh...

I still would like to figure out how to stop the spammers though.

Comment

Working...
      X