Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Administrator Username & Password

Hi,
    Somehow my username has changed and the passport has been lost. I'm trying to log in but the attempts are fail.
    The username is the only user has permission to log to Cpanel.
    I've tried to use the [Forgetting Password] method. When I enter my email that I entered for registration, it says:
    [
    You have not entered an email address that we recognize. Please try again or contact the administrator].

Is there anyway I can restore my password to the Cpanel or register with another administrator permission for new user :S

Here are the instructions on how to restore an admin account for when you cannot access the old admin account, have lost the password, got hacked, or you can't receive the lost password email from http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.com/YOUR-FORU....php?do=lostpw

Note: Change that link to your forum URL of course.

Browse to your forum and log out if you aren't already. Register as a new user and login as this user.

In the vBulletin's .zip file you can find a directory called 'do_not_upload/'. Inside this directory is a file called 'tools.php'. Upload this file into your forum's admincp/ directory.

Then go to the admincp/tools.php with your browser.

At the bottom of the tools page is an option to 'Reset Admin Access'. Run it with the just newly registered username.

You have just made yourself admin. And you need this because you should now login to the admincp/ and find the user who's password you've lost. Search for this user and when found you will see the whole profile. Including a password field.

Set a new password.

Go to the main forum and log out as the new user, and try to login with the old admin account. This should work now. If it does not work contact vBulletin Support again.

When it works, go back into the admin control panel and find the newly registered user. The profile page will have a dropdown in the top, from there select delete and delete the temporary admin.

Then delete the tools.php file. It is a potential security risk if you leave it on-line.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Didn't work for me @@ Cannot register a new member.

Is it possible to read and change database using SQL?

Comment

Didn't work for me @@ Cannot register a new member.

Is it possible to read and change database using SQL?
        Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
        Here are the instructions on how to restore an admin account for when you cannot access the old admin account, have lost the password, got hacked, or you can't receive the lost password email from http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.com/YOUR-FORU....php?do=lostpw

Note: Change that link to your forum URL of course.

Browse to your forum and log out if you aren't already. Register as a new user and login as this user.

In the vBulletin's .zip file you can find a directory called 'do_not_upload/'. Inside this directory is a file called 'tools.php'. Upload this file into your forum's admincp/ directory.

Then go to the admincp/tools.php with your browser.

At the bottom of the tools page is an option to 'Reset Admin Access'. Run it with the just newly registered username.

You have just made yourself admin. And you need this because you should now login to the admincp/ and find the user who's password you've lost. Search for this user and when found you will see the whole profile. Including a password field.

Set a new password.

Go to the main forum and log out as the new user, and try to login with the old admin account. This should work now. If it does not work contact vBulletin Support again.

When it works, go back into the admin control panel and find the newly registered user. The profile page will have a dropdown in the top, from there select delete and delete the temporary admin.

Then delete the tools.php file. It is a potential security risk if you leave it on-line.

Comment