Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't search for old posts after upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can't search for old posts after upgrade.

Hello there, my forum can be found here: http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com

My problem is pretty straightforward and is outlined in the title. Only new threads/posts can be searched for since I have upgraded. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks!

- Matt
    www.bodybuildingpro.com

You can rebuild the search index in Admin CP -> Maintenance. This can take some time depending on your forum size, I'd recommend closing the forum during the re-index.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
      You can rebuild the search index in Admin CP -> Maintenance. This can take some time depending on your forum size, I'd recommend closing the forum during the re-index.
      Thank you BirdOPrey5! Do you know how long this process would take?
      www.bodybuildingpro.com

Comment

It's totally dependent on how fast and how much resources your server (or shared account) might have and the size of your forum.

In your case your forum (in your signature) is showing in its stats just under 50,000 posts. This should be a pretty reasonable amount, I would GUESS somewhere between 20 minutes and 2 hours to complete- but understand this is a guess, it could be quicker or slower depending on your server speed and resources.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
          It's totally dependent on how fast and how much resources your server (or shared account) might have and the size of your forum.

In your case your forum (in your signature) is showing in its stats just under 50,000 posts. This should be a pretty reasonable amount, I would GUESS somewhere between 20 minutes and 2 hours to complete- but understand this is a guess, it could be quicker or slower depending on your server speed and resources.
          Thank you very much for the reply once again, BirdOPrey5! Such an estimate helps me greatly because if this was a days-long or weeks-long thing, I might wait until a server upgrade. Since it can be done in under a day, I will begin the process now.

Thanks again!

Matt C
          www.bodybuildingpro.com

Comment

Remember to close the forum first.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X