Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Users Viewing Forum/Thread -- Shows as Array | Login Notice Shows as PHP Variable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Users Viewing Forum/Thread -- Shows as Array | Login Notice Shows as PHP Variable?

Hey all.

I upgraded to 4.1.9 about a week ago and have just now gotten some time to write up a post about the problems that I am having.

First off, the issue is not with my custom skin. I swapped over to the default vB4 skin and the same problem exists there. I disabled all my hooks as well, and the problem still exists.

There are three issues:

1) When the user logs in, instead of showing their username in the login screen, it shows "Thank you for logging in, $bbuserinfo[username]." Where do I go to fix this and how do I fix this?

2) On the Forum Display page for any forum on my site, if you look at the "Users Browsing this Forum" part, instead of showing the users that are browsing, it has the word "Array".

3) Same thing with #2 is happening with the Show Thread page for any thread. The word "Array" is down where it should list the users viewing.

My website is http://www.maskedcrusader.com if you want to take a look for yourself.

I have attached screenshots of the problems as well.

Just wondering how I fix these issues.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

You cannot get the "Array" issue on a proper default (4.1.9) style.

Its actually changes made in 4.1.8, and the only way you would get 'Array' is a customised template based on pre 4.1.8 code.

Similarly, the login is also changes (possibly in 4.1.7, I dont recall exactly) - this time however its customised phrases in your langauage.

Unless of course your template & language import failed in some way - so you dont have the 4.1.9 master versions - to be sure you can make sure the 4.1.9 language and style XML files are on your server and manually re-import them.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Hi shanejeffery86

I too had the same issues.

1. AdminCP -> Language and Phrases -> Search in Phrases. Then search for "Thank you for logging in"
      It will then give you the search results (should only be one) Click edit on the right hand side
      Then simply change "Thank you for logging in, $bbuserinfo[username]." to "Thank you for logging in, {1}."
      Fixed mine immediately

2. Still trying to sort that one out too Let me know if you got it sorted!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X