Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change max file size on "Insert Image" when creating a post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How do I change max file size on "Insert Image" when creating a post?

So this is kind of a two part question. First of all, I'm running vB 4.1.9 on Windows 2008 Server / IIS 7.

My two questions are:

1) How do I change the max file size? I want to upload a 3MB JPG file from my camera. I've gone to the attachment manager and set the max file size for JPG to 5242880 however when I try to upload a 3MB photo, it is still reject as "File too large" with a red exclamation mark next to it.

2) Once I get that working, is there a setting that will size that down? I don't want to actually STORE a 3MB image on my drive, I just want to allow a user to upload it, then let vBulletin resize it down to a max width and hopefully shrink the file size in the process. I plan to only allow .jpg, .jpeg, .png and .gif uploads.

Thanks!

Your limited in vBulletin by the server settings. If you're storing attachments in the database it is posible that mysql cannot handle an attachment that large. PHP may also come into play if the max_upload_filesize is set to only 2m.

The system already tries to resize an image to fit within the allowed limits. If it can it will do it.

Comment