X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camoit
    replied
    Originally posted by kf4eok View Post
    I cleared the system cash and that did not help.
    I cleared my browser cash and that did the job everything is working as it should now. thanks for all the help.
    I had the same problem. Then when I cleared the browser cash it fixed it. It all comes down to the "fix" VB did because of security. They removed the file so the system has no idea what it should do when calling up the java. I also set my YUI setting to none so the system must use the file and not look to the library of Google or Yahoo

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Attachment Options

Set "Asset Manager - Enable" to:
    "Yes - Ajax Upload by Default".

The setting is right down at the bottom of the page.

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    Thanks everyone for all the help with this problem. I have it working now. It looks like by clearing my cache in my browser solved the problem.
    Thanks to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• K!nG
    replied
    Hey,

It might not be helpful to you, but i just wanted to let u know that i had same issue as you. I used the fix from vb.org and first it didn't work. Keeping the same file on server Wayne suggested me to chose YUI option as none in admincp that didn't help, afterwards i changed it to google and it didn't work. As a last resort i checked it in IE and it was working in IE so i came back to chrome and deleted history/cookies/cache from the beginning and it started working for me. I don't know which of all these actually get it working, but just thought to share as i went through same pain

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    I cleared the system cash and that did not help.
    I cleared my browser cash and that did the job everything is working as it should now. thanks for all the help.

Leave a comment:

• camoit
    replied
    If you fallow the instructions they had in the read me txt file. Then uploaded the file. It should work. Some times you must clear the system cash and then clear the cash in your browser. That,s what I needed to do to make it work. You can ask the guy that came up with the fix on VB.org.

1) Installation

a) Extract uploader.swf from the .zip file and replace your existing file here:

<forum_root>/clientscript/yui/uploader/assets/uploader.swf

b) Make sure the flash uploader is enabled in the Admin Control Panel

Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - Enable -> Select "Yes, Flash Upload by Default"

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    ~~For example, If I go to the quick reply box and click the insert image button I will get a window that pops up titled insert image with two choices, from computer and from URL. If I chose from computer then click the select files button nothing happens. I should get a pop up window like the one below so that I can select my files.

This problem will occur when using the quick editor or the advance editor.
    I can insert images in other ways but this way seems to be the easy way.

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    I have tried installing that file in the clientscript/yui/assets folder and that did not work for me. I also looked in my other forums and that file was not there and they do not have this problem.

Leave a comment:

• camoit
    replied
    This is what I used to fix the problem. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...tched+uploader

VB has decided to remove the .swf file because of a small exploit. So if you upgraded like I did to V4.1.12 the file was blank. So this file will fix the problem. All VB needs to do is add it into the downloads and it will bring back the function of the uploader. Why they don't do it you ask? They have the new version 5 they want to sell to you.

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    I have somehow got the site http://gonejetskifishing.com/ working correctly but forum at http://baymeadowscommunitycouncil.net/forum/ is still not working. I do not know what I did to get the one working and not the other. I have tried so many things I do not know what worked.

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    This one will work correctly
    <div id="yui_selectfiles" style="z-index: 9999999; width: 67px; height: 19px; left: 912px; top: 475px;">
    <embed id="yuigen27" width="100%" height="100%" flashvars="allowedDomain=www.2sc2879.com&YUISwfId=yuigen27&YUIBridgeCallback=YAHOO.widget. FlashAdapter.eventHandler" menu="false" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="yuigen27" style="" src="clientscript/yui/uploader/assets/uploader.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

where this one doesn't
    <div id="yui_selectfiles" style="z-index: 9999999; width: 67px; height: 19px; left: 912px; top: 889px;">
    <embed id="yuigen27" width="100%" height="100%" flashvars="allowedDomain=www.gonejetskifishing.com&YUISwfId=yuigen27&YUIBridgeCallback=YAH OO.widget.FlashAdapter.eventHandler" menu="false" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="yuigen27" style="" src="clientscript/yui/uploader/assets/uploader.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

I do not write programs or code but there must be something different between these sites to make them work differently.

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    <embed id="yuigen8"

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    has this got something to do with YUI controls?

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    I did an upgrade by uploading all the files and running upgrade.php on the forum http://gonejetskifishing.com and this did not solve the problem, I get the same results when trying to insert an image with the select files.

Leave a comment:

• kf4eok
    replied
    Yes all install are on the same hoist, VPN.
    I have never changed anything different on the hoist.
    I have checked the .htaccess files and they are all the same for all three forums.
    It looks like the flash is not being called up for some reason.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X