Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb 4.2.2 update and vbSEO

Hi vb users,

I updated a few days ago to vbulletin 4.2.2 and now I have some SEO issues. If i type in just the domain name I get forwarded to the domain.com/ativity.php and not the the forum homepage. All the speaking URLs are gone and instead I see e.g. forum display.php?f=2.

How can I fix that and why is vbSEO not working anymore with vbulletin 4.4.2? How can I fix the issues? And is it worth to upgrade to vb 5 or better migrate to xenforo?

Please I really need some help on that to fix and I see the first drops of traffic, so any help is welcome!

cheers zerious

I'm afraid we cannot assist with vBSEO, it's not our product. Many people have upgraded without affecting VBSEO though, I have to say.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Check to see if you have overwritten or deleted your .htaccess file.

As for the default landing page, you can set that in navigation manager.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for your answers, the default page is set again on the forum.php. But the URL rewriting doesn't work and I don't get it running anymore. Any other ideas why?

Comment

Unfortunately vBSEO is a dead product. You might be missing files or any number of things.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by zerious View Post
            Hi,

thanks for your answers, the default page is set again on the forum.php. But the URL rewriting doesn't work and I don't get it running anymore. Any other ideas why?
            Try Uploading vBSEO's default .htaccess in your forum root

Comment