newthread.php suddenly messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] newthread.php suddenly messed up

After my host migrated to new servers, my site has had a couple issues. The worst one is seen in the screenshot attached to this post; not only the Warning at the top, but the mashed up page in general. I thought it might have been a PHP version change, but when I chose previous PHP versions it didn't make any difference. I have no idea what caused this since there have been no changes at all on the site for some time, and well before the server migration.

Can anyone advise what might be the problem, and how to fix? Thanks!

Attached Files
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

The warning at the top is what is messing up the code at the bottom,

Add the following line to your /includes/config.php file-

Code:
    define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
    Add it directly below the first line which is, <?php

The problem is because either you new host is running PHP 5.4.x or doesn't have PHP warnings disabled. Adding the line above will disable the warnings.

If you use Windows do not use Notepad to edit the file- Google fore Notepad2 or Notepad++ instead and use one of them to edit php files.

Comment

Thanks, Joe. It's all good now.

And thanks for the reminder to use Notepad++, which I have but hadn't changed the default edit app from Windows Notepad. So that's taken care of now as well.
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X