Installing with Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Installing with Errors

I'm trying to do a new install, and get the following errors...

Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::instance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/***/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 3341

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gzbun1/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3341) in /home/***/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 744

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gzbun1/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3341) in /home/***/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php on line 745

I've tried recreating a database a couple times, and got it to work once but the install only went to 70% with an attempt with the latest 4.2.2PL1.

I'm plannning on Installing 4.1.12 (I plan to manually upgrade) as I've had a better experience with this than version 4.2.x.

With attempts for both, The headers are garbled as well (please see screen shot).

Here is what I'm using:
    • MySQL version - 5.5.34-cll-lve

• PHP version - 5.4.24

• Apache version - 2.4.7

I've never had these errors while installing a vBulletin, & I'm looking for assistance in what to do. Thanks in advance...
    Attached Files

VB 4.1.12 isn't compatible with PHP 5.4.x. Only VB 4.2.2 is compatible with PHP 5.4.x in the VB 4.x series.

Comment

Okay, I had a feeling you'd say that.

I still have a problem with the way it "looks" for version 4.2.2_pl1 (see attachment) & a problem with the install only going to 70% each time even when I ignore the "look."

This is my 3rd attempt with the same result.I'm hoping with 4th you can help me before I try again.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GamBun; Thu 3 Apr '14, 4:48am.

Comment

That weird "look" is from corrupted images. You need to re-upload your files, probably all of them. You need to make sure image files like jpg and gif upload in BINARY mode while PHP and XML and other text files upload in ASCII mode. You may have to set the defaults for these exertions in your FTP client before you use it.

If it still feezes at 70% change from install.php to upgrade.php and try running it- it should continue where it left off.

Comment

Okay, I'll give it a try.

Edit: I see I had my upload client set at ASCII mode. I usually have it set to auto. It installed fine but has the usual errors that come with this version such as...

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in ..../packages/vbcms/content/section.php on line 739

for edited content.

I'm scrapping vBulletin until there is a real fix and not just a cover to hide the bugs. I'm a bit frustrated that this still has not been fixed. This company used to care for a long time to give quality content. I'm so disappointed.
          Last edited by GamBun; Tue 8 Apr '14, 2:54pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X