Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

Hello,

I kept having this error at the header of my vB 4.2.2 PL 1 forum any time I post or make a new reply:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

Is there any solution for this? This is a huge vulnurability with the vBulletin Forum software 4.2.2 PL 1.

Please I need solution to this.

Thank you.

Add this code to you /includes/config.php file just under <?php

Code:
    define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);

Comment

Originally posted by donald1234 View Post
      Add this code to you /includes/config.php file just under <?php

Code:
      define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
      Thanks for your reply.

You asking that I should skip errors with this code. Does this mean it is not an error message that can cause problems or allow vulnerability from intruders?
      Last edited by aaronhaul; Tue 1st Apr '14, 10:41am.

Comment

No it is just php warnings, have a look at post #2 for a full explanation.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-been-released

Comment

It isn't a security risk. It is tracked here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15858

The line to skip_errors just makes 4.2.2 behave like every version of vBulletin before it in error reporting. This is not a new issue. We fixed a bug in error reporting in 4.2.2 that exposed it to you.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

OK Guys. Thanks for the solution and explanations.

Comment