Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthdays not showing on calendar's (for membergroups)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthdays not showing on calendar's (for membergroups)

I don't know what is wrong, but I only have birthday's showing for two of my members. No one else has their birthday showing on my calendar.

Here are the settings in my AdminCP:

ACP->Calendars->Calendar Manager->Calendar:
    Birthday Count = 4
    Show Birthdays on this Calendar = Yes

ACP->Settings->Options->Forum Home: Options:
    Display Today's Birthdays? = Yes
    Display Calendar Events? = 30
    Active Members Options = Show birthdays for active users only
    Active Members Time Cut-Off = 30

ACP->Usergroups->Usergroup Manager->My usergroups->Birthdays Viewable = Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I figured out my problem while I was typing up this message. All users on my website, except two of us, are in the Registered Usersgroup (primary). Everyone else is in the Registered Usergroup and some also have additional membergroups (checked). I had the Birthdays Viewable turned off for the Registered usergroup but turned on for all the other usergroups. Since the users were all in the Registered Usergroup, none of their birthdays were being displayed on the calendar.

Is there a way that I can turn it off for the Registered Usergroup and still allow all secondary usergroups to have their birthdays displayed on the Calendar?

Thank you.

For the Registered Usergroup, do you have Allow Users to have Member Groups set to Yes? If so, you should be able to set Birthdays Viewable on the secondary usergroups.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      For the Registered Usergroup, do you have Allow Users to have Member Groups set to Yes? If so, you should be able to set Birthdays Viewable on the secondary usergroups.
      Hi Lynne, yes I do. I thought that should be enough as well, but doesn't seem to be working that way (at least on my site).

Comment

Very weird. I just tested this on my site and you are right. :/

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I was hoping it was just something I was doing wrong. I'll start looking at the code then. I know how to make it look at membergroups as well, I just need to figure out why it's just looking at the primary usergroup only. Thanks for testing it out Lynne.

Comment